p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · first post please comment. thanks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151822784866445&l=6fb0cd147c

Sep 03, 2013 at 03:12 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · first post please comment. thanks

Welcome mate
But try to imbed your image into the thread as more people will look at it and not many will follow a link.
No idea how to link form facebook but maybe try a flickr account and link it from there.
Regards
Bud

Sep 03, 2013 at 05:48 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · first post please comment. thanks

Also, and you might find this hard to believe, not everyone is on facebook. You can load your photos on postmyimage.com and post them here from there.
Douglas

Sep 03, 2013 at 11:28 AM
photobyTVince

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · first post please comment. thanks

thanks guys..

Sep 08, 2013 at 01:57 AM
photobyTVince

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · first post please comment. thanks

i just repost it.. pls let me know what you think

Edited on Sep 08, 2013 at 05:24 AM · View previous versions

Sep 08, 2013 at 02:16 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · first post please comment. thanks

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. I would say you need to think about posting a smaller version of the image since it took a while load on my pad.

I like the shot. I don't often see a narrow DOF on wide shots like this. Did you use maybe the Brenizer method or something else?

For me there is too much dead space on the right of the frame. I think you can crop off a lot from that side to make a stronger composition, IMO. I would crop right to the point that the building in the background on the right is gone. Also, since they're under a street lamp, I wonder what this image might look light at dusk or night to have the couple illuminated by this lamp.

A great first post of an interesting and bold portrait. Nice start. Look forward to more from you.

Sep 08, 2013 at 04:04 AM
photobyTVince

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · first post please comment. thanks

thanks ct8282 something like this?

http://postmyimage.com/img2/511_Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:20 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · first post please comment. thanks

Hello an welcome photobyTVince, like already mentioned although technically correct (exposure-focus and such) There is a lot of "dead space" on the left, which doesn't bring a lot of useful information. I can also understand the question about the Brenizer effect, because as it appears now with the shallow DOF, it makes the subjects look even smaller almost as if the were little plastic figurines.

Now i must say it is and interesting effect and if this is what you were going for well you've achieved your goal. But if it was not, if you were looking to create more of an isolation effect of you subject in a big (overwhelming) surrounding then indeed there are better visual was of going about this. Namely positioning your subjects closer to the lens, trying to get a less busy background instead of trees-fence and parts of building which detract the attention from your models. As shot your subjects are placed in the 7/8th of the image and in photography as well as most visual art forms it is always better to apply the 1/3rd rule. Dividing your composition in 3 equal parts both horizontally and vertically and place the main point of interest on one of the intersecting lines of the 1/3rd division.

These rules of composition come to us as far back as the Greek antiquity. But like i said it is a good picture photographically speaking, just needs a little "artistic" tweaking in my opinion. Keep posting and remember have fun experimenting and learning your craft :-)

More on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:53 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · first post please comment. thanks

photobyTVince wrote:
thanks ct8282 something like this?

http://postmyimage.com/img2/511_Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Much better, IMO. I think this is still a bold composition which I think is what you were going for, but much more effective. I really like this version.

Well done.

Sep 08, 2013 at 06:12 AM
photobyTVince

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · first post please comment. thanks

Thanks for the tip SargentRay... I was using Brenizer method...

Sep 08, 2013 at 06:35 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · first post please comment. thanks

photobyTVince wrote:
Thanks for the tip SargentRay... I was using Brenizer method...

Well done then ;-)

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.