FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

Weasel_Loader
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

Trying my hand at landscapes. All shot with Nikon D600 and 24-70mm f/2.8G.

Feel free to let me know how to improve.

Sep 03, 2013 at 01:54 AM
Butch Braniger
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

Hello,

I thought I would give you my thoughts on your images. The kelp does not do much for the images in my opinion. I would crop out the kelp and possibly go bw on some of these. If you notice in shot 3 the kelp on the left is moving and to me that distracts. On your last iamge the vollyball net takes away from your scene. The pier is strong to stand on its own in your shots. Were some of these hdr? Thanks for sharing. Please take what I say as you want as I am no pro but just trying to help. Thanks for sharing!

Sep 03, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

Thanks for the tips. This is exactly what I was looking for. No HDR, just a lot of LR adjustments with highlights/shadows. I'm slowly learning about composition and look forward to posting some more soon. Thanks again for the honest feedback.

Sep 03, 2013 at 11:25 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

My Favorite is #1, that is a really sweet shot. Butch summed up the rest pretty well. Seaweed, while it sure can look cool in person, rarely translates well in a photograph. #2 is pretty good and might even be worth cropping off the bottom on it and go to a real pano version.

Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 07:36 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

I like all of them cropped just above the kelp...that sh*t is ugly and doesn't add much to photos...believe me...been there done that

Sep 03, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cayucos, Ca shoreline shots

Yeah, I tried to go for some foreground element. Couldn't find anything but stinky seaweed. Thanks for the feedback folks and I'll keep at it.

Sep 03, 2013 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.