New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Camping

jlegan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Camping

We went camping this weekend with some good friends. Earlier this year I had sold all of my gear (very long story, something I regretted the very next day). This past week, my wife convinced me to purchase some new gear which I did off of FM. This was taken with a 5D3 and a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and an off camera flash offset to her left on the ground at dusk. I processed in PS with some Florabella actions and some minor touchups. Been out the game for a bit and would love some feedback.

Clicking on it will bring you to the gallery and a full screen photo (smugmug)

Sep 02, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Camping

your flash is a little to low.

Sep 02, 2013 at 10:43 PM
jlegan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camping

Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree regarding the flash. Unfortunately I was taking pics of her sister when she walked over and sat down next to me. I only had enough time to turn the flash around (it was in the stand on the ground to my immediate right) and snap the photos.

Thanks,

Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 08:29 PM
Chris Tylko
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camping

I actually thought you shot low flash on purpose to get a "campfire" look (guess the title made me think that) and she's got that look when you tell kids spooky stories

On another note, I looked at your site and see you've converted your Smugmug. I like it except I find the background image distracting when you begin scrolling down as you look at the galleries. Took me a week to get mine to where I wanted it...was like learning to write code without a manual!

Cheers!

Sep 03, 2013 at 09:38 PM
jlegan

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camping

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback on the SM site. I am torn. I agree its distracting but I keep going through various images / toggle the static vs scrolling and I have yet to find something I am happy with. I finally finished my custom buttons below each image in journel gallery view under each image. If you don't mind me asking, what is your URL / design did you choose?

Thanks,

Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Chris Tylko
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Camping

Jim,
My SM site is http://christiant.smugmug.com

I used "Smokey" as my starting point and I already had an idea of what I wanted. My biggest problem was figuring out the difference between Galleries, Pages and Folders when it came to organizing my Galleries page and then the links to the individual Galleries. It become even more complicated as I wanted another page blocked by password which, when passed would lead to another summary Gallery page...which had to all be in French.

I started early on before they realized they didn't have enough instructions so I must have restarted about 5 times until I got the hang of it. I only asked for help once and got a good reply pretty quickly. In the end I managed to get it all working ...but I'd be hard pressed to remember how to do it all over again .

I'm quite satisfied with it. My classic Smugmug was slightly customized but nowhere near as much as some of the pro's...and I pity those folks who ha spent money getting professional design help. I think the new Smug will generally make it far easier for folks to get really nice looking sites on their own.

Hey good luck and give me some C&C re my site!

Chris

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.