Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Eastport, Maine

paulak

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eastport, Maine

Hi. I've been reading your posts and admiring everyone's work for a long time. This is the first time that I have posted any of my own work. I came upon these scenes in and around the Eastport, Maine area. The day was rainy, and when it wasn't rainy, it was really foggy. We were hoping to spot whales in the Bay but came across these pictures instead. They're all fairly "moody," but that was what I had to work with. . . .I'm a student, so any and all cc is welcome! thanks!

Sep 02, 2013 at 05:45 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eastport, Maine

The last is my pick of the set. It works well with the fog. I might clone out the antenna near the center of the rocks.

Dave

Sep 02, 2013 at 07:54 PM
paulak

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eastport, Maine

Thanks, Dave. I completely missed the antenna. . . will take care of that.

Sep 02, 2013 at 07:56 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eastport, Maine

Hey Paul,

That is a cool area that I hope to explore again one day. Of your shots here, #5 is my favorite, it has a really nice mood to it. #3 is a nice reflection shot with the boats. In both #1 and 2, you were working the fog nicely, but those sticks or poles now... they might mean something, but for me as a casual viewer, they are really distracting, and I can't get my eyes beyond them.

Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM
paulak

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eastport, Maine

Jim,
I see what you mean about the first 2 pics. I know that they are the dock poles--but only because I saw the scene from a different angle. . . I really should have walked down the shore a little ways to find something similar. I'll try again next weekend.

Sep 03, 2013 at 04:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.