Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How would you handle?

jim bennett
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How would you handle?

So I purchased an item from a seller and sent payment on 8/22. He said he couldn't ship until 8/24 and I said no worries.

It is coming from Canada and I don't expect to even have the item yet by any means but the seller hasn't communicated with me since 8/22 when he advised that he received the money and would be able to ship on 8/24. I have sent two PMs and neither has been read, and he hasnt posted since 8/29.

Now, when I have someone's money in hand, I go out of my way to make them aware that the item has shipped to set their mind at ease. In this case I have no idea if its shipped, and no communication.

He has all positive feedback and no red flags from what I can see, it just would be nice to have more communication. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is out of town, no access to internet, etc.

Jim

Sep 02, 2013 at 10:04 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How would you handle?

Jim, FWIW, my pet peeve as a Buyer reflects exactly your concern. There isn't a cotton pickin' excuse in the world for a seller to avoid sending a PM that takes all of 20" to write saying "Got your money; out of town; back on xxxxxx; worry not, I got you covered." I mean shucks, I am just back from the outback of South Korea, for Gosh's sake, and internet service was all over the place. Not sure any of my commentary helps you, and I"m sure they'll be some folks who will come along here and say "hell it's only two weeks; I mean, after all, this guy's got a life to live," implying that you're "too anxious" about hearing back from him.

Bullshite!! I hope you paid via an insured method (NOT GIFT). I'd PM him again, give Fred Miranda a head's up about where things are, and advise said Seller he's got 24 hours to send you a tracking # from a service that will show that a package has been accepted for delivery. Failing that, you'll pull the plug on your credit card authorization. Post his name in the clear here with direct reference to your transaction.

Sep 02, 2013 at 10:22 PM
jim bennett
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How would you handle?

anthonysemone wrote:
Jim, FWIW, my pet peeve as a Buyer reflects exactly your concern. There isn't a cotton pickin' excuse in the world for a seller to avoid sending a PM that takes all of 20" to write saying "Got your money; out of town; back on xxxxxx; worry not, I got you covered." I mean shucks, I am just back from the outback of South Korea, for Gosh's sake, and internet service was all over the place. Not sure any of my commentary helps you, and I"m sure they'll be some folks who will come along here and say "hell it's
...Show more
Thanks for the reply Anthony! Not sure if it was because of this post but a short time ago I did hear back from the seller with an apology and a shipping notification.

Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 03:40 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How would you handle?

Excellent, Jim

Sep 03, 2013 at 11:44 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password