• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kaaterskill Falls 1

Sep 02, 2013 at 11:57 AM
dsjtecserv
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kaaterskill Falls 1

This one has a lot of potential. But it has a very pronounced blue/cyan color cast. A degree of blue bias can sometimes work well, especially with water shots, but this is too much. I'd suggest taking it back to the raw stage and adjusting the overall white balance to reduce the blue. Move the blue-amber slider (or equivalent in your raw converter) to toward the warmer side, using a sampling eyedropper or equivalent so that the the bright (but not absolute brightest) tones of the water are near neutral. You can tweak it a bit from there if you want to preserve a cooler look, but that should be a good starting point.

Otherwise this is nicely composed and presented. You might consider cloning out the yellow branch at the top, as it is distracting. If the falls were surrounded by fall colors this wouldn't stand out, but as it is doesn't quite fit. This is a nice image and is worth some more work.

Dave

Sep 02, 2013 at 01:20 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kaaterskill Falls 1

That looks like a very cool area. I like the composition, but like Dave, I think you need to remove just a bit of the blue color cast. Dave summed it up well.

Jim

Sep 02, 2013 at 03:11 PM
akul
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kaaterskill Falls 1

Dave, Jim
Thank you for the feed back. Blue cast was something I struggled a bit. Rocks got pasty with more neutral balance. As half of the rocks were not wet so pasty looking rock did not look right which made me go towards the blue / cyan range. I will give another look at how I want to approach this shot. Thanks.

Luka

Sep 02, 2013 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.