Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Several cross-posts and some new from Saturday

Again, Callaway Plantation

Sep 02, 2013 at 10:37 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Several cross-posts and some new from Saturday

Looks like a fun place to visit and to shoot.
Nice series Bob.
Like the textures and framing in the first, but I wish for a bit brighter Royal Crown sign. It feels a bit of a "push" to read it, although that may represent your intent and how it fades into the background. The tires do nothing for me, but I know that wasnt a choice.
Second is a classic comp. Well done.
Third: Glass bottles!!!! YAY!!!
Fourth: Nicely done. Wish they house wasnt back there. I assume you had absolute control over that.
Scott

Sep 02, 2013 at 03:54 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Several cross-posts and some new from Saturday

sbeme wrote:
Looks like a fun place to visit and to shoot.
Nice series Bob.
Like the textures and framing in the first, but I wish for a bit brighter Royal Crown sign. It feels a bit of a "push" to read it, although that may represent your intent and how it fades into the background. The tires do nothing for me, but I know that wasnt a choice.

Thanks Scott,

Yes fun, and very hot - the have a big celebration, "Mule Day", Oct 12 with Revolutionary and Civil War re-enactments, crafts, mules of course, which I'll try to get back for (the festival, not especially the mules )

I think a color version will lend itself to a clearer separation of the sign. The tires add an item of interest for me vis-a-vis another boring weathered wall.
Second is a classic comp. Well done.
Third: Glass bottles!!!! YAY!!!
Fourth: Nicely done. Wish they house wasnt back there. I assume you had absolute control over that.
Scott

Yes, the house can easily go. There are three, actually 4, major structures (3 residences, 1 school house, and warming kitchen off main residence) dating from the 1780's - log cabin - with the most recent being the primary residence occupied from pre-Civil War through the mid 1990's by the original family and of course descendants, several of whom still reside nearby. Each is fully furnished with authentic items, many original to the structure.

Exterior photography only except for the School House and tool shop. I'll post up more later.

Regards,

Bob

Sep 02, 2013 at 06:12 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.