Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Major Abstract.... c&c please

Lee Wiren
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Ok gang... still going through some old files. Came across this shot that I think is a bit out of the box but still kind of cool.... not your typical shot....

5 bonus points if you can tell me what it is of.....

I did not do anything other than crop this one..... I was playing around some, but some of the contrast gets way dark compared to the light..... and as there is not much of a color palette to this shot....

What do you think of it, what would you do with it, can you see anybody (in your opinion) seeing this as art at all?

Thanks gang, looking forward to thoughts and opinions on this one, I have my own ideas, but this is a great sounding board type forum.

Sep 01, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

A stream...

Bob

Sep 01, 2013 at 08:33 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Sea Foam?

Sep 01, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #4 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Together you are both right.... this is from one of those outlet streams at the beach that flows out to the river. I had been shooting some surfers and discovered that I had walked into this stream and when I looked down, I liked the patters that the little rivulets was making in the sand.... totally forgot I took these shots!

So, the question begs.... would you consider it of any artistic value? and what pp would you do,I have done my pp, but would like to hear different takes....

Oh, and 5 bonus points to each of you for playing.....thanks

Sep 01, 2013 at 08:59 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Flowing water in quiet earthy hues can make a nice background for composite scenes.

Sep 02, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

AuntiPode wrote:
Flowing water in quiet earthy hues can make a nice background for composite scenes.

Had not thought of this - great idea. My first thought was large pano on wall, I like earthy tones and the motion of the image.

When I first glanced, I flashed on Scott's wildebeests migration image.

Bob

Sep 02, 2013 at 02:22 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #7 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Lovely image as is, I don't believe any additional processing is necessary. Great abstract!

Sep 02, 2013 at 02:32 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

+1 @ "as is" ... very earthy tones, with just a hint/splash of an "earthy" blue being picked up from the sky as the water streams over the top of the foam to keep it from being "boring beige". Almost like the veining in a flower striding through it.

Sep 02, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Major Abstract.... c&c please

Nice abstract just as is. Very calming and introspective!

Jo

Sep 03, 2013 at 05:12 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password