New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · R.I.P old friend

84bravo
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · R.I.P old friend

One of our office cameras is a 5Dc that's very long in the tooth with more than 350k clicks on it. When I sent it back to CPS in March for a cleaning, they suggested replacing the shutter and mirror box at a cost of more than $450 because of the high mileage, although the camera still works. I decided to pass and we'll just run the camera until it dies. I just can't see putting that much money into such an old body.

Sep 02, 2013 at 02:11 PM
gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · R.I.P old friend

tophoto. wrote:
There is something special about the 5dc files compared to the mkII/III, anyone that has used them extensively can attest to this. Personally I would take 5dc files over my 5d3 any day.

you either had a *really* good 5Dc or a *really* crappy 5D3. First time I have EVER heard this.

greg

Sep 03, 2013 at 03:08 AM
Deezie
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · R.I.P old friend

What a weird thread title, misleading and unrespectful to death..

I have no respect for death since it has demonstrated little respect for life. Humor is an appropriate response IMO.

Sep 03, 2013 at 09:24 AM
eosfun
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · R.I.P old friend

Deezie wrote
I have no respect for death since it has demonstrated little respect for life. Humor is an appropriate response IMO.

Especially since the humor response came from Paul Mo, our member with the vulture avatar

Let's have EOSfun and "happy shooting". I am sorry for those who thought this was another thread about our lost friend , because that was my first thought too.

Sep 03, 2013 at 09:54 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · R.I.P old friend

gheller wrote:
you either had a *really* good 5Dc or a *really* crappy 5D3. First time I have EVER heard this.

greg

That is strange, especially since you have been around for a while. I have heard this a lot, especially in the low ISO range 100-400.

Sep 03, 2013 at 09:55 AM
Jihrie

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · R.I.P old friend

James Cripps wrote:
Three weddings in a weekend? That's the most shocking part to me. Wow!

Yeah it was a one time thing, I am never taking that on again.

Sep 03, 2013 at 02:39 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · R.I.P old friend

I also love the files from the 5Dc compared to the 5D2 and 5D3... They just have a really nice, organic look to them. The 5D3 is improved over the 5D2 though, going back to that 5Dc type look.

The 5D3 is miles better in terms of camera, but the image files still impress me from the 5Dc. I want to eventually pick one up as a backup.

Sep 03, 2013 at 03:07 PM
XDCAMan
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · R.I.P old friend

AMEN!

Sep 03, 2013 at 05:01 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · R.I.P old friend

Wow, I am amazed.

I shoot with a 5D and 5D2. I always thought that when I pick up a "3", I would keep the "2" as a backup... now I may rethink this.

greg

Sep 03, 2013 at 06:31 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · R.I.P old friend

Just discovered ISO 50 on my 5D.....the body might be lacking some of the bells and whistles of newer ones.....but that aside.....what a bargain at s/h prices!!! I am doing A2 prints from model shoots and they want to have my babies....

Sep 03, 2013 at 07:53 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.