Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Ngorongoro Craterscape III

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

Cropped and uncropped. Obviously the road has to go. But how much sky? Foreground brush?
Trying to give a sense of place, scale.
What would you do?
I suspect this image works best as a documentary image.

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    55mm    f/6.7    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    55mm    f/6.7    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 31, 2013 at 01:57 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

I might consider cropping to the top edge of your name. The bright tonal value at the bottom edge draws a bit. The foreground grasses overall compete pretty hard as well. I might look at ways to pull them back (blur,desat, tone, etc.) so they don't try to steal the show.

Comes across very much as an "as seen" @ what I would expect if I were standing there ... just wish there wasn't so much specular highlight coming off the foreground grasses.

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

You have three things fighting for dominance which means I don't know what this photo is about.

Is it the sky? The trees? Or the foreground grass?

Sep 01, 2013 at 05:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

RustyBug wrote:
I might consider cropping to the top edge of your name. The bright tonal value at the bottom edge draws a bit. The foreground grasses overall compete pretty hard as well. I might look at ways to pull them back (blur,desat, tone, etc.) so they don't try to steal the show.

Comes across very much as an "as seen" @ what I would expect if I were standing there ... just wish there wasn't so much specular highlight coming off the foreground grasses.

Thanks Kent. Appreciate the thoughtfulness of your analysis.
Do you mean cropping the first version or the second version above the signature?
Scott

Sep 01, 2013 at 04:31 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

Paul Mo wrote:
You have three things fighting for dominance which means I don't know what this photo is about.

Is it the sky? The trees? Or the foreground grass?

Paul,
I agree. I doubt this image can stand on its own. My goal, perhaps poorly attempted, was to document some of the way the crater interior looked. And my hope was to play the sky and trees as the dominant elements.
Scott

Sep 01, 2013 at 04:32 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Ngorongoro Craterscape III

Sorry ... 1st version. Maybe be a little lower @ middle of signature, but just something to move the eye a touch away from the bottom edge brightness.

Sep 01, 2013 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password