New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

freaklikeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-first-picture-of-the-85mm-f1-8-e-mount-lens/

Ooooooo. Ahhhhhh. Let's hope it's as good at the ZA 135.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
joekraft
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

I thought I was going to save a little money on glass switching over to the NEX. Not so much :S Can't wait to see it.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

It looks to be 4" x 3" od. Hmm larger filter than the 85 planar.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

Looks nice.

All these other meta-rumors are exciting too!

I doubt the feasibility of a moving-sensor-AF. But, who knows. I'd be more interested in tilt+shift from a moving sensor though anyway!

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

It sure is an exciting time for us NEX users. The only thing I have against this lens and the 16-70 is that it makes it really hard to decide on these lenses or a FF NEX body. I had expected the FF NEX to be too compelling not to buy, but these new Zeiss are compact and small. We can have a small, light system with really high quality even if we stay aps-c NEX.

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:18 PM
sculptormic
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

Could it be possible that this lens covers a FF sensor as well. It would make sense, otherwise Zeiss has to do the whole lens line all over again.

I quess they did it before for many mounts, means more business.

A tilt/shift sensor would be a big step forward in deed, all your lenses going TS, amazing.

Edited on Aug 30, 2013 at 02:35 PM · View previous versions

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:30 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

sflxn wrote:
It sure is an exciting time for us NEX users. The only thing I have against this lens and the 16-70 is that it makes it really hard to decide on these lenses or a FF NEX body. I had expected the FF NEX to be too compelling not to buy, but these new Zeiss are compact and small. We can have a small, light system with really high quality even if we stay aps-c NEX.

definitely nice to see some actual desirable lenses coming out for the NEX. i still won't be buying any of them though, i just want the FF NEX. AF annoys me too much.

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:30 PM
sflxn
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

I was just thinking. If these two new Zeiss, plus the upcoming 50 makro planar lives up to the Zeiss name, then NEX will go from having the worst lens lineup in mirrorless to having the best lens lineup in one year. Ah, the fruits of staying with NEX are now paying off. I had a feeling that Sony and Zeiss would eventually shore up the NEX lens lineup.

Aug 30, 2013 at 03:24 PM
alwang
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

sflxn wrote:
I was just thinking. If these two new Zeiss, plus the upcoming 50 makro planar lives up to the Zeiss name, then NEX will go from having the worst lens lineup in mirrorless to having the best lens lineup in one year. Ah, the fruits of staying with NEX are now paying off. I had a feeling that Sony and Zeiss would eventually shore up the NEX lens lineup.

Where have you heard about an upcoming e-mount 50 macro-planar?

Aug 30, 2013 at 04:02 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

alwang wrote:
Where have you heard about an upcoming e-mount 50 macro-planar?

Touit 50/2.8 macro is due soon.

A 16-70, 12/2.8, 24/1.8, 32/1.8, 50/2.8 and 85/1.8 is a pretty nice looking Zeiss lineup. It probably just needs a prime in the 21-28mm equivalent range.

Aug 30, 2013 at 04:23 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

douglasf13 wrote:
Touit 50/2.8 macro is due soon.

A 16-70, 12/2.8, 24/1.8, 32/1.8, 50/2.8 and 85/1.8 is a pretty nice looking Zeiss lineup. It probably just needs a prime in the 21-28mm equivalent range.

It is a good solid line-up, and there are good, less expensive alternatives to be had. I could see Zeiss slipping in with 18/2.8 and 57/1.8 Touits. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would go nuts over those focal lengths.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

sebboh wrote:
definitely nice to see some actual desirable lenses coming out for the NEX. i still won't be buying any of them though, i just want the FF NEX. AF annoys me too much.

Agreed, but it means less whining over the lack of decent native lenses. That can't be a bad thing.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

sculptormic wrote:
Could it be possible that this lens covers a FF sensor as well. It would make sense, otherwise Zeiss has to do the whole lens line all over again.

SAR seems positive it's APS-C, and that makes sense if the size in proportion to the mount is correct.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

sflxn wrote:

If I were interested in the 16-70, I wouldn't let the possibility of a FF stop me from trying it out. The 16-70 is coming. The FF is a rumor, no matter how positive it sounds that it might turn into reality. And even if it does, there will still be plenty of people shooting APS-C who will be happy to take your lens off your hands. Not everyone is going to dive into the expense of a FF NEX right away.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

I don't think there is enough awareness of the FF NEX hit to the wallet, figures of $3000 body only are pretty consistent. I'll bet it got some serious high tech and refinement in it though, they have been at it for ages.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · ZA E 85/1.8 photo posted

philip_pj wrote:
I don't think there is enough awareness of the FF NEX hit to the wallet, figures of $3000 body only are pretty consistent. I'll bet it got some serious high tech and refinement in it though, they have been at it for ages.

One thing I'm not looking forward to are all the posts we're going to see about how the FF Nex is too expensive and how people would buy it if only it was $1,000 less.

I predict most reviews will have many items listed on the "pro" column and the most common item in the "con" column will be that it's too expensive.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.