New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 70D Multiple Exposure feature & Astro Photos

pliukait
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 70D Multiple Exposure feature & Astro Photos

Can the Multiple Exposure feature of the 70D be used to create astronomy photos by using the Additive method?

Shooting Multiple Exposures (EOS 70D)
Solution: With this camera, you can shoot multiple images (2 to 9) to be merged into a single image. This method of shooting is called multiple exposure shooting.

Additive The exposure of each single exposure is added cumulatively. Based on the [No. of exposures], set a negative exposure compensation.

By setting the negative exposure compensation to 0, or as little as possible, then wouldn't the in-camera processing be like stacking 9 photos in post-processing?

Thanks and regards.....Pete

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 70D Multiple Exposure feature & Astro Photos

Not sure. Does the 70D actually stack Raw images, or just jpg's?

The other possible drawback is I believe it is recommended to subtract your dark frame from each light frame before stacking. I'm pretty sure that's how DeepSkyStacker works. Stacking in camera might not really save much post-processing time, compared to using DSS and stacking them after capture. And if you are going to go to the trouble of creating dark frames, I bet your results will be a lot better using DSS than just stacking in-camera and not being able to subtract darks.

Mark

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.