New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

hnilsson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

It works. Just fine.

http://www.photographybyhenrik.com/Recent-Work/Recent-Work/i-5MFcrwf/0/X2/Squirrel%201%202013%20with%20Copyright-X2.jpg

Shot in RAW, converted to JPG of course. ISO 800. Minor crop, minor sharpening and minor noise reduction (selectively with blur tool). Shallow DOF as shot handheld - so at f4. Could have stopped down further but didn't.

Henrik

Aug 30, 2013 at 01:29 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

great shot! let this be the age of everyone going around taking pics of their (tree) rats rather than their (fat) cats with their new DSLRs.

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:24 AM
dontbsme_2
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

looks good

thanks

john

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

Fantastic, even after the sensor suddenly became rubbish because DXOMark said it was

Aug 30, 2013 at 06:48 AM
lowa2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

I remember the DXO mark for the 5D3 vs 5D2 only being different by 2 points. Once I used the mk3 I realised it was much better than "2 points"...

Thanks for sharing. Must...not....press....buy it now!!!!!!

Aug 30, 2013 at 06:52 AM
zlatko
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

lowa2 wrote:
I remember the DXO mark for the 5D3 vs 5D2 only being different by 2 points. Once I used the mk3 I realised it was much better than "2 points"...

It sure is.

Aug 30, 2013 at 09:06 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

Bones74 wrote:
...rubbish because DXOMark said it was

They are a scourge.

Aug 30, 2013 at 09:10 AM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

Plenty of noise in the BG (both luminance and color). So, based just on this photo, it appears that the new sensor is similar with regard to noise as the 7D.

N.B.: I am NOT bashing the 7D! It's my main camera, and the noise is not a problem for most images. I'm just pointing out that Canon appears to not have taken any steps to improve noise in their latest crop sensor.

John

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

BluesWest wrote:
Plenty of noise in the BG (both luminance and color). So, based just on this photo, it appears that the new sensor is similar with regard to noise as the 7D.

John

I'm not seeing it.

dennis

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

BluesWest wrote:

N.B.: I am NOT bashing the 7D! It's my main camera, and the noise is not a problem for most images. I'm just pointing out that Canon appears to not have taken any steps to improve noise in their latest crop sensor.

John

I see some luminescent noise (same as what the 7D would have), but a majority of what I see is JPG compression/blockiness which has nothing to do with the sensor.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A shot with the new Canon 70D

hnilsson wrote:
It works. Just fine.

Shot in RAW, converted to JPG of course. ISO 800. Minor crop, minor sharpening and minor noise reduction (selectively with blur tool). Shallow DOF as shot handheld - so at f4. Could have stopped down further but didn't.

Henrik

Thanks Henrik.

You think the noise that was in 7d is less? Did you process it less than you would on 7d?

Dxomark and feature set would suggest 7d is better. You think less noise justifies 70d over 7d?

Sep 02, 2013 at 01:20 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.