Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Renaissance

Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Renaissance

First try at people stuff. As most know, I do bugs better.

Graphic View 4x5 Ektar lens 8-1/2 in shot wide open at F6.3

first image Arista EDU 400 B&W film
second was shot with Ektar 100

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Renaissance

Better looking than any bugs I've seen, Tom. Nice work.

#1 Crop the top to lose the bright white stuff. That will make her contrast with the background better.

#2. Lovely smile. When composing a shot like this, make sure you get every bit of the red cape in the frame.

Aug 28, 2013 at 05:43 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Renaissance

Lovely, compelling, beautiful, exquisite, these are truly some of the describing words, that cannot do justice to your photo's, and their environment! You have a treasure trove, and you have made use of it perfectly! i hope to see much more in the future posts! Thank you, and happy photography! -Americo.rodriguez

Aug 28, 2013 at 05:58 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Renaissance

Good subject, the first looks a little flat or muddy to me, though it could be my monitor.
Douglas

Aug 28, 2013 at 07:00 PM

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Renaissance

Tom Hicks wrote:
First try at people stuff. As most know, I do bugs better.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting-data//500/9846Graphic_view_4x5_400_edu.jpg

--the skin rivalling the purest ivory, the commanding extent and repose, the gentle prominence of the regions above the temples; and then the raven-black, the glossy, the luxuriant and naturally-curling tresses," E.A.Poe

Those eyes! those large, those shining, those divine orbs! they became to me twin stars of Leda, and I to them devoutest of astrologers.

Graphic View 4x5 Ektar lens 8-1/2 in shot wide open at F6.3

first image Arista EDU 400 B&W film
second was shot with Ektar 100

Aug 28, 2013 at 07:44 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Renaissance

Jim Rickards wrote:
Better looking than any bugs I've seen, Tom. Nice work.

#1 Crop the top to lose the bright white stuff. That will make her contrast with the background better.

#2. Lovely smile. When composing a shot like this, make sure you get every bit of the red cape in the frame.

Thanks Jim , these were shot last summer, My first ever try at a LF camera. I had not only a crowed behind me but people walking in front as well . None of these were planed shots but just in passing . I had never shot the camera before and was really fighting the focus plane with the two different movements of the bellows.

Being under the hood and not used to framing things that were upside down , I now know why these were used more for studio and or landscape. I took 6 total shots, 4 of the violinist and two of the other. only had one good neg in focus from each one . I hope to get back out when the weather gets cooler.

Tom

Aug 28, 2013 at 08:03 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Renaissance

Oh yeah, I got the LF itch alright!! The clarity in the first shot is just amazing.

Kenny

Aug 28, 2013 at 09:47 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Renaissance

thanks a.rod you are really to kind , I have a long way to go . got lucky on these.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password