Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2013 · Adobe Creative Cloud

danchez
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe Creative Cloud

just curious as to how many people have actually jumped to the cloud. I did dome searching here in the forums and it didn't sound to popular. I'm thinking about trying it, just the single application for $20/month. I'm also curious for those of you that have chosen this method, what are you using to cull your images? I'm currently using CS5 & Bridge to cull my images.

Aug 26, 2013 at 04:06 AM
rdcny
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe Creative Cloud

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=80687.0

Aug 26, 2013 at 04:25 AM
mcbane

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe Creative Cloud

I tried the one year trial for $29/mo, thinking I might get some use out of Premiere and After Effects video editing tools. During the first 6 months I had recurring problems with the adobe apps on my laptop being bricked any time I didnt have a live internet connection (that issue seems to have been resolved by adobe). But after 9 months I have only used the video tools a couple of times so overall this isnt much of a deal.

When my CC trial subscription ends I am done with CC and will drop back to my CS5 apps which all still work fine. CC is a marginal deal at $29 so there is no way I will pay $49/mo.

Aug 26, 2013 at 04:30 AM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Still rocking my CS6 perpetual license along with LR5 (also perpetual). Have no intention of using CC anytime soon.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe Creative Cloud

No intention of CC. CS6 gives me all I 'need'. There are some things in CC I would like to have, and if they had allowed the regular 'upgrade' to my perpetual license they'd have had my money by now, but as it is they won't get another cent.

Aug 26, 2013 at 07:09 PM
momo_nyc

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Dave_EP wrote:
No intention of CC. CS6 gives me all I 'need'. There are some things in CC I would like to have, and if they had allowed the regular 'upgrade' to my perpetual license they'd have had my money by now, but as it is they won't get another cent.

I feel pretty much the same...

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Dave_EP wrote:

Easy to think that way now. But in a year or two when your new OS doesn't support the 'old' CS6 and your raw converters don't support your new cameras, you'll pay. Surely there will be new feature you'll crave, as well. I hated Adobe for their stupid idea at first but over time it's probably the same cost as what the upgrades would have been to my apps.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Nope, it's a horrible idea. Almost nobody upgrades to every new version of photoshop. Most people skip versions, or even update to every third version. If you drink the kool-aid and subscribe to their scheme, you will pay the same amount as buying every version when it comes on the market. The worst part is that your software stops working when you stop paying.

People skip versions of the software because Photoshop has a very mature product that really doesn't need updates. Rather than realizing this and finding some way to continue to innovate, they took the lazy approach and went to a subscription model. They end up with a nice steady revenue scheme, but their customers get hosed.

If they are going to force this down our throats, they should at least make it a good deal for the consumer. Instead, they are charging 2 or 3 times the price most people pay, and we get a far inferior product. Talk about a flaming bag of...

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Running CS6 and LR5. Been a customer since they merged in Aldus Photostyler. I will not be a CC customer. Too risky and too pricey and no interest in their other products. Everyone complains about cable and satellite tv prices and bundling garbage you don't want to get what you do, so why are you encouraging it in software?
I think companies will think twice about being at the mercy of some other company's servers, subscription prices, and security. A number of companies were burned by cloud services just yesterday.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Jeffrey wrote:
Easy to think that way now. But in a year or two when your new OS doesn't support the 'old' CS6 and your raw converters don't support your new cameras, you'll pay. Surely there will be new feature you'll crave, as well. I hated Adobe for their stupid idea at first but over time it's probably the same cost as what the upgrades would have been to my apps.

That analogy only holds up if you are in the camp that believes whatever Adobe offers is the only possible option. That mindset is what gave Adobe the foothold and control over their user base they needed in order to dictate such a one-sided offer that is CC. Fortunately, that attitude is changing.

I too, once felt that Adobe software was the only true option. Now, with the CC offering and the single-minded development of Lightroom over the past several iterations, it has been very silly for me to put all my eggs in one software developer basket ... This situation did much to motivate me to explore alternative options I had once been convinced were not worth my effort. If for no other reason than to have a secondary backup for what I use now. This from someone who has been using Ps exclusively since v2.0 circa 1993 and Lr since the very first public beta ...

Though, these other options may be less popular, they do offer an alternative ... plus there will be further improvements to those options because there is now the drive for those smaller developers to grab a larger piece of the pie that previously seemed unattainable. ... and/or future offerings that don't currently exist to come along and compete with the former status quo, now that fledgling developers see there is a chink in the armor that wasn't there a short time ago ... The market is there for an industrious entrepreneur ... one only needs to tap into it.

After all, with the CC subscription model, if an Adobe CC user want's to leave for greener less-expensive with the option to own pastures ... there isn't much to hold them there since they no longer have any real equity in their Adobe software ... it will be easy to test the waters elsewhere, possibly saving some hard-earned cash in the process.

I also know if I take control over all the aspects I should before I depress the shutter release ... I have much less need for moving sliders after the fact in my software to "process" the resulting image ... if all Adobe can come up with in the area of "new features to crave" ... like Camera Shake Reduction (something I have spent over four decades honing my skills to avoid) ... well, I'll get along with my perpetual license for Ps for as long as it is possible ... then look elsewhere ...

Aug 27, 2013 at 05:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adobe Creative Cloud

butchM wrote:
That analogy only holds up if you are in the camp that believes whatever Adobe offers is the only possible option..

Not true. I know there are options. I just like using PS and, like you, have for 18 years. I use it for a lot of things and am very comfortable and productive in it's environment. I know that it is pretty matured and not a lot more really important stuff can be added now. Doesn't matter. While I agree with you and Ben (to a degree) and really don't like the Adobe company very much, I still signed up for the $10/month plan and for what it offers me, I'm OK with that. It's so easy to jump on the 'I Hate Adobe Now' train, but I'm tired of exerting negative energy and want to do the positive and pleasurable creative tasks with the product instead.

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:24 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Jeffrey wrote:
It's so easy to jump on the 'I Hate Adobe Now' train, but I'm tired of exerting negative energy and want to do the positive and pleasurable creative tasks with the product instead.

You are right ... it is so easy to pass out labels.

I'm tired of folks labeling my dissatisfaction and disappointment with the Adobe CC licensing model as "hate" ... I have zero emotional attachment to my software ... When a multi-billion dollar corporation changes their licensing model in such a dramatic fashion, they are very likely going to ruffle a few feathers ... While I have expressed my views on the matter, it has been based upon logic and reason ... not emotion ... for me, there is absolutely no hate involved ... for Adobe, or any other entity or person who may, or may not disagree with me.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
coranda
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adobe Creative Cloud

My perspective is simple. I am close to retirement age. Many of you are probably not factoring that into your workflow and I think that's a mistake. Not a surprising mistake because most people who aren't approaching retirement also don't give much thought to superannuation.

My point is that, when I retire is when I get to really spend time on my photography and not working for paying clients. $50 a month might be a reasonable deal when I'm earning but in retirement I can't afford to pay that for the rest of my life. So, as far as I'm concerned, my workflow needs to be based around what CS6 can provide and I need to maintain a machine/OS that can support it in the long run.

It's not that I wouldn't like to upgrade into the future it's just that Adobe have made it clear that they don't give a $#*& about my future needs so I need to find a way to create what I want without giving a $#*& about Adobe's future.

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe code has suffered under Adobe management policies. Do you really want all the problems Adobe through out to their users. Look at the number of Photoshop problem reports filed since cs4 how many go un-filed? Bugs go un-fixed release after relase since CS4. Adobe support has been broken for years....
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=cs4&style=problem
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=cs5&style=problem
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=CS6&style=problem
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=cc&style=problem

Aug 28, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adobe Creative Cloud

I signed up for the Cloud and I am happy. Although I purchased CS6 I got an offer for the Cloud. Total access for the entire collection for a very good rate. I am using it for all the other applications in the main. I will see at the end of the year on how many of the applications I am using regularly.

Aug 29, 2013 at 07:08 PM
ebiggs
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Some of you guys act like the number of Adobe customers is finite. It is not. Just as it is with any consumer product, there are always more and new people buying. This should be where a company expands their market. Not hoping the old timers will keep upgrading.
Wait a minute, they are not upgrading fast enough so how about making them pay monthly? Don't try to promote the product or make it better, even if it is only bug fixes. Is that a winning idea?

Aug 29, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Dave_EP wrote:

Jeffrey wrote:

I don't agree. I already tested CS6 on Mavericks - works fine.

In terms of upgrade cost vs rental, for me it worked out a LOT more expensive to rent CC, and that assumes you could keep the new versions when you stop paying, which with CC you can't.

As for raw, I would think I can do what everyone else does who is still running CS3/4/5 that doesn't support current cameras, i.e. DNG converter IF (and that's a big IF) I still want to use Adobe products to process my raw files. Aperture supports my cameras without having to pay the Adobe tax and while we haven't seen an major update for a while, the fact that Apple release Logic Pro X after 4 years development says that a new Aperture version is also likely coming.

In terms of the video programs I use, FCPX coupled with Motion does 98% of what I need with some minor detours to Premiere Pro and/or After Effects CS6. These work fine with ProRes files, H264 files (as comes from the Canon cameras) and processing of raw video from the 5D3.

Who knows what will happen in the next couple of years? Perhaps I won't need a single Adobe app at all.

Aug 29, 2013 at 09:44 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Dave_EP wrote:
I don't agree. I already tested CS6 on Mavericks - works fine.

I think you missed the 'year or two' part of my post. Of course it will work now, it's still current. What's maverick?

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Jeffrey wrote:
I think you missed the 'year or two' part of my post. Of course it will work now, it's still current. What's maverick?

http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adobe Creative Cloud

Thank you.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register