Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

James Cripps
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

It appears that I may indeed be experiencing the severe limitations of these units. I'm incredibly shocked if this is their peak performance. I would advise against purchasing them. Being able to eliminate the need for line of site is the entire reason for their existence, as far as I can see. I don't even know what to think at this point.

Thank you for the link, Jonathan!

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Anoop Shah
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

I'm surprised you're having so much trouble. I just shot an event at a location in downtown NYC with 5 of these units. 2 on camera, one hand held with an assistant and two in the upper balconies - a good 4 stories up and 50 feet left and right. Got everything to fire exactly the way I was hoping they would.

Anoop

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:40 PM
James Cripps
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

Anoop Shah wrote:
I'm surprised you're having so much trouble. I just shot an event at a location in downtown NYC with 5 of these units. 2 on camera, one hand held with an assistant and two in the upper balconies - a good 4 stories up and 50 feet left and right. Got everything to fire exactly the way I was hoping they would.

Anoop

This gives me hope, but I just don't know where the issue lies for me.

On Saturday at a wedding, At one point in the evening, around 9:15PM, outdoors, I placed one slave behind the bride and groom who were on a boardwalk (I was also on the boardwalk with them, facing them). The slave was just behind them on a rock, which would be only about 1.5 feet lower than the boardwalk. It refused to fire for 3 out of 5 shots. I was about 15 or 20 feet from the slave. I was forced to walk towards the slave and it reconnected itself when I was about 8 feet away from it.

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Anoop Shah
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

My first guess, and only because I now a number of people not having similar problems, is that you have faulty units. Can they be returned and repurchased?

Anoop

Aug 29, 2013 at 02:47 PM
James Cripps
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

I'm feeling that way too. I'm in talks with CPS and my retailer now. Not sure what they will do for me at this point.

Aug 29, 2013 at 04:32 PM
James Cripps
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 600EX-RT Dropping Connection?!

It's come down to being instructed to "send all three units in for service".. On brand new units...

Sep 03, 2013 at 07:37 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.