New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 5D3 battery life

Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D3 battery life

Just a quick note to report the type of battery life I was getting this week shooting a series of outdoor portraits. On Wednesday, 1085 frames and 81 percent left on a single Canon branded battery. Lots of rapid sequences with a moderate amount of chimping, but no IS, since it was tripod all the way. Anyhow, I was very impressed with those numbers and if the battery drain is truly linear to the number of frames in this situation, that's quite decent performance.

Aug 23, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D3 battery life

Not from the 5D3 and not the genuine canon battery but
I have a Duracell LP-E6 in use in my 7D . I bought it as my genuine canon was showing signs of impending death and I needed something cheap and quick as a backup (amazon in stock with me next day) .
Well mighty impressed , 2.5k shots in 1 day mostly with the sig 120-300 OS and the thing was still going strong . Picked the camera out the bag a few days later and still had plenty of charge (this is where previous knockoffs failed me in the inability to hold charge) , so I carried on . I probably put another 5-600 shots on it with the 17-55 (is on) . It gave up the ghost when I tried to shoot a few videos at the end of the day .
But heck over 3k shots (with chimping) and some video is a decent run .
Its now the goto option and the canon is its backup

Aug 23, 2013 at 04:17 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.