Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

I've been feeling nostalgic lately so I picked up my very first real digital camera...it's a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph S110. I received this in October of 2001 from my (at the time) soon-to-be wife as a wedding gift (original release date was May of 2001. I put the 12 year old battery to charge and amazingly it still worked! I inserted it into the camera and everything powered up and I was suddenly transported back to 2001 when I was first trying to get a handle on this 'new' digital photography. Compared to my EOS SLR's, this was a toy camera in terms of image quality & handling (an expensive toy at $500) but the instant gratification to view the 2.1mp images right away on the 1.5" LCD screen was magical! Noise wasn't too much of a problem either, it had an ISO setting of 100 that would automatically 'gain' up to 150 in 'low-light' situations! I could even take upto 30 consecutive seconds of video too! This was it! The moment I realized digital photography would change the world. It would still be another 26 months before I purchased my first DSLR (10D)... I never looked back (at film) after that!

To commemorate my little road trip down nostalgia lane, here are a couple of pics I took this afternoon in my back yard with the S110... I even did a pano using the alignment function in the camera. So what's YOUR oldest working digital Canon?

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

oh man, we are talking olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld.

5D3

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

EOS 20D. Bought in 2004. Last year, I donated it to the local art college (NSCAD). I expect it still works, just fine.

I took many, fantastic photos with it. Most of them with the 24/2.8, 24-70/2.8L (Mk I), 50/1.4, 80-200/2.8L (MDP), 300/4L IS, and 100/2.8 Macro USM. Plus assorted Alt glass. I don't have any of those EF lenses, now. I still have many of the Alts, but not all, by any means.

P.S. it's a 'stealth' camera - no 'Canon' logo on the front. I ground down the front of the flash overhang, in order to use medium format shift lenses on it. You do, what you gotta do.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Working...Canon PowerShot A95...well kinda, it's LCD display is in shades of purple, but it still produces the same 5mp images before the screen went south...

It was used on two multi-week vacations to France and Italy, served its purpose well, we have some wonderful memories of Linda and her mom. A third vacation to Alaska did not materialize, a year post Italy Linda's mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, it was quite aggressive, we lost her in late 2010.

Memories, smiles, really wonderful times the two of them shared were preserved, we'll probably use it as a CLP trade-in when the move to full frame is realized...perhaps

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #5 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Canon G-2. 4mp sensor and Lightroom can still process the raw files. Works fine.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

My first digital camera was bought new: Canon D60. But it's long gone.

My oldest current body is 1D3, and it works fantastic, getting regular use. Following that is a G10, followed by 5D2.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #7 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Lotuselite wrote:
Canon G-2. 4mp sensor and Lightroom can still process the raw files. Works fine.

G2 here as well. It's my 8-year-old son's camera now

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

I have a Rebel with only 10MP. I only used it for about 3 hours, so technically I don't know if it works now. I may have a 30D too, but I cannot find it lately.

EBH

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Photon
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Canon G1, bought spring of 2000. It still works (original battery, much loss of capacity, of course).
I too kept the 16MB CF that came ("free!") with the camera. When cards had jumped up to the amazing size of 256MB, I figured that the 16 would become an item with nostalgia value, if nothing else. Hmm, storage capacity has increased since then by a factor of about 1000, but 3MP cameras haven't given way to 3GP models...yet!

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM
pliukait
• • •
p.1 #10 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Oops, totally misread the title - the oldest Canon digital that I have is a G10.

Sorry for the previous clutter.

Edited on Aug 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM · View previous versions

Aug 23, 2013 at 01:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rayross
• • •
p.1 #11 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

10d. use it a lot. also have a 20d, 1dmark2n, 7d.
like the 10d for flowers.

Aug 23, 2013 at 01:39 AM
ronfronberg
• •
p.1 #12 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

How prices have dropped. I recently purchased the digital elph s110, like new in box, for $5. I could not help myself.

The oldest canon digital still using is the 3mp d30. I just used it yesterday.

ron

Aug 23, 2013 at 02:03 AM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

ronfronberg wrote:
How prices have dropped. I recently purchased the digital elph s110, like new in box, for $5.

So that works out to only 99% depreciation from when I got mine...when you adjust for inflation it's probably just 98%.

Omar

Aug 23, 2013 at 02:15 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #14 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

My daughter has my 20D and uses it regularly. It was bought as soon as they were available & hasn't EVER failed to do it's job. Shutter count should be relatively high too.

Aug 23, 2013 at 02:20 AM
robstein
• • •
p.1 #15 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Canon S230... 2.3MP, and while an upgrade from the one above it looks identical. It was a lifetime ago now.

Edit: Battery life is now about 3 minutes

Aug 23, 2013 at 02:28 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

It's a bit olde skool for this forum but I still have an EOS 5D MKII from 2008. It rarely misses the shot and the only two things that bother me are the low rez LCD and slow formatting of 32GB cards. I still have an EF 200 2.8L USM and 300 4L USM I bought new in 1994 as well as a fully functional 1991 Elan (EOS 100) with barcode reader. I still own the first APS SLR, the ill-fated EOS IX of 1996.

Aug 23, 2013 at 02:39 AM
wlpelzmann
• • •
p.1 #17 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

10D - Bought when it was just released in 2003.
My wife still used it regularly until last month when I bought her the EOS-M, on sale.

The 10D is now officially retired, but who knows, maybe we'll get some grandkids who could use it as their first camera.

Aug 23, 2013 at 03:13 AM
mikepadua

p.1 #18 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

My oldest working Canon Digital camera is the Original EOS-1D...which, believe it or not, I just bought the other day for $200 flat. In amazing condition--I bought it from a retiree who was a hobbyist that shot landscapes. It has 96K on the shutter, so mileage is a bit high, but for the price and condition, I'm not complaining.

Aug 23, 2013 at 04:37 AM
voltaire
• • •
p.1 #19 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

Canon Powershot Pro 1. My original one got stolen in Barcelona in 2008. Purchased another one from eBay but haven't really used it since I picked it up months later.

Aug 23, 2013 at 04:41 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · Your Oldest Working Canon Digital Camera

mikepadua wrote:
... It has 96K on the shutter, so mileage is a bit high...

Not for a 1D-series camera. That's peanuts.

Aug 23, 2013 at 04:41 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password