New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

rick2906
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

Ok I already had a mini tt1 flex tt5 to use with my Nikon flash! I was able to use my flash in manual mode and trigger it from my sekonic L-758 lightmeter. I bought a ac3 to be able to control my flash power remotely. But here come the problem, for the ac3 to work, the flash has to be in ttl mode and not manual!!| If the flash is in ttl mode then I can't trigger it from the sekonic flash meter. What would be my cheapest option to trigger my flash wirelessly compatible with the pocket wizard system?? I am really disapointed in these restriction, kind make the ac3 pointless if you can't use a flash meter to trigger the flash.

Aug 21, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

You need the new sekonic radio module or live with hitting test button.

Aug 21, 2013 at 03:39 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

I bought my l758-dr use and it seems to have the latest module but what it weird is that the sticker that's on top on the module is not there anymore. It is the the same lighther gray as the new one the old one was more like a darker grey

~original[/IMG]

~original[/IMG]

picture of the old one:

~original[/IMG]

oh well, here go another 100$$, just order the new module from b&h

Aug 21, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

If it is the same for Nikon as it is for canon the only flash that ever is out of ttl mode is the one on the camera if it is in ratio mode. Otherwise they are all in ttl mode all the time and if your using the ac3 then all flashes are off camera and in ttl mode. Remember you need to send the new data to the units before taking a photo after each change. You change something hit test on the mini then you can go about taking your photos. Watch the webinar movies over at pocket wizard and sekonic and you will see how to use the system correctly.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pocket wizard AC3 problem

Thank you michael, I should get my new transmiter that works in ttl for my sekonic! It should work all fine now. I was able to triger my flash with the sekonic but since I had the old transmiter who only work in manual I couldn't use the ac3 to control the flash power. I'll keep you posted when I'll get my new rt-32tl

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.