Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

michaelglenn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

So I finally delved into the maternity session scene. She wanted it surf themed, so we made it happen. We woke up super early for this one (around 6:30am). Second image on the right I trespassed for a few minutes. I'll do anything for good light! Just a teaser. I'll have a blog post later on in the week.

Jade . lifestyle . Maternity Session by Michael_Glenn, on Flickr

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

Michael,
Very nice work.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
cmcleod
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

Nice light, it pays to be up early. I really want to love the one on right but the pose seems too forced. Also, your shadow disrupts the beautiful lines you trespassed to capture. Im sure she will love them however.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

Michael, these made me want to eat cookies in celebratory fashion because they are JUST THAT GOOD.

Love the speckled/shadowy light in 1b.

Aug 21, 2013 at 01:31 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Surf Themed Maternity Session (first timer)

I'm not as pleased with these as the previous poster.

#1. I think #1 should be showing more of the board - at least enough to make sure everyone knows that's what's under her arm. It's a major prop in that frame, so make room for more of it in the composition.

#2. If you didn't tell us this was maternity, we might not pick up on it. It pays to show profiles of maternity models. Show the "bump"!

Posing - The turn of the head - how far over is best? Most will tell you to not show half of one eye. Turn her head less or more to the side to show all of that eye or none of it.

Composition. We see the board and the model, but not her feet. We also see a distraction on our bottom left. Try to compose without those distractions.

Lighting. I like the lighting, but the shadowing on her right arm and your shadow on her dress are not best.

I hope these observations will help you.

Aug 21, 2013 at 02:01 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.