New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Leica R lenses used on a Sony A99 body

naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Leica R lenses used on a Sony A99 body

You may want to wait for the release of the rumored FF Sony E mount/NEX camera as an alternative to the A99.

Many of us are waiting to see what Sony releases in terms of this camera. This camera should allow the usage of an adapter with the R lenses without changing any of the mounts. Something to consider, particularly if you have a lot of lenses and you are or will be using the Apo extenders (1.4X and 2 X) with any Leica Tele and zoom lenses.

I and many others are hoping that this will be a good alternative and quite possibly will have a new and greater mega pixel sensor. At this point if Sonyalpha rumors is correct, Sony will have an announcement about the camera on September 24. Availability after that we will have to wait.

Rich

Aug 27, 2013 at 03:54 PM
telyt
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Leica R lenses used on a Sony A99 body

naturephoto1 wrote:
Many of us are waiting to see what Sony releases in terms of this camera. This camera should allow the usage of an adapter with the R lenses without changing any of the mounts. Something to consider, particularly if you have a lot of lenses and you are or will be using the Apo extenders (1.4X and 2 X) with any Leica Tele and zoom lenses.

Count me among those waiting.

naturephoto1 wrote I and many others are hoping that this will be a good alternative and quite possibly will have a new and greater mega pixel sensor.

The number of pixels doesn't concern me as much as do the color quality and color discrimination, and the quality and responsiveness of the viewfinder.

Aug 27, 2013 at 04:00 PM
kididdoc1

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Leica R lenses used on a Sony A99 body

sounds like the one I got from Fotodiox from Amazon I will use for a 50 summicron, but from now on I'll go to Leitax.

thanks, Steve

Aug 27, 2013 at 04:05 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.