Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Eric Mastilak
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

I hope each time I get a little better. These are from last weekends Tournament in Springfield, Ohio.

Champions, not really for C&C but just to brag....

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:28 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Eric,

Nice work. Odd to see a soccer team of only 10 players. Congratulations on the championship.

I like the intensity in #s 1 and 2, with 2 as the better action shot, and I'm curious about what came next if you shot through this play. #3 doesn't quite work for me since it has a feel of being "in between" the more interesting action the game might have had to offer. That said, this third shot probably is your strongest technically, looking only at the player in blue, in that color, pop and sharpness are at their best here. Nice work with the team shot.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:37 AM
Eric Mastilak
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

That is U10 6v6. So they only have 10 on the team.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:40 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Figured it was something like that.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:43 AM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Second shot is indeed the moment. Any chance of cloning out the keeper?

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

These are good, Eric. Hard part about youth soccer is to get peak action at this age group although your #2 has some. Russ's assessment is spot on as usual and I too suspect a following frame might have provided an increased level of competition. BTW: while goal posts are not always the best judge for leveling I think a bit more on #2 would esthetically improve its appearance.

Keep posting fella

Matt

Aug 21, 2013 at 08:25 AM
canons900
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

These are very nice. Great faces and they are sharp.

Aug 21, 2013 at 08:30 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

First of all Eric, it's great to see some new faces here in the sports corner. That keeps all of us fresh.

The thing the strikes me most about your post is your very first sentence about trying to get better every time out. THAT is the reason why you will improve. It won't happen every time, but with that type of attitude, your shooting will improve rapidly.

As for the pictures, there is a lot to like here. Really like the first two. Good low angle. Nice exposures. Good emotion on their faces in number 2.

Keep 'em coming.

Rick

Aug 22, 2013 at 06:36 AM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Very nice shots and congratulations on the championship. I agree with Russ' assessment, that 1 & 2 are the best action and the colors pop a little more in 3.

Keep posting for C&C and you will improve, the members here have helped me tremendously.

Bill

Aug 22, 2013 at 08:04 AM
TSpyers
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Some Soccer Pics for C&C

Eric, agree that #2 is the best followed by #1; you caught some nice action there in #2 and the continuing sequence through that play may have led to an even better image. Only other point to watch is keeping horizons straight; I feel that these are a little off and pulling me sideways. Keep it up!

Tim

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.