New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Senior - Becca

ScooberJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior - Becca

Would like some comments and criticism on these. Thanks.

Becca-Basham-330-Edit.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-509-Edit.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-377-Edit-2.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-79-Edit.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-214-Edit.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-Bokerama-v2.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Becca-Basham-293.jpg by Jake Mueller, on Flickr

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior - Becca

It's obvious that you have a very attractive and interesting model, and she's bound to be happy with these.

#1 is the weakest IMO. The pose (shoulders) is awkward, and her right hand is clenched.

#2 - Great image, except for the bright spot behind her head

#3 - There are some bright spots on her right shoulder that could be cloned out.

#5 - Try cleaning up the area (flaky skin or makeup) above her right eye.

Comparing #3 to the rest, it's fairly apparent to my eyes that she looks much better against a dark background.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior - Becca

no comments other than good lighting

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:18 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Senior - Becca

Nice work. She will love these.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:50 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Senior - Becca

Gorgeous girl, I like what you've done here. I'm concerned about No. 2, though. Sometimes a flash will make a shirt more transparent than it is supposed to be. It's not like her white tanktop is risque, it's not, but the look of it being transparent, seeing her bra straps, may not be the look she was hoping to get.

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:13 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Senior - Becca

Another point to #2, clone both pupils either so they both have a brighter catchlight, or both have less - as is, it gives the frame-left eye a little 'dead' look to it.

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:32 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Senior - Becca

I really like #3 and 5, and #4 has a really great expression, though I'm not a huge fan of the pose. #1 is extremely unflattering in my opinion. You low with her leaning back makes her look like her body is a perfect rectangle, which no teen girl wants to look like. She looks very uncomfortable there as well.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Senior - Becca

I like 5 and 6 best. 1st few have forehead too bright and shoulders should be turned so they aren't square to camera. When you have a subject leaning their head up against something, have them lift it a bit away so their hair doesn't bunch up on it so much. Don't care for the hands up at collar on last shot and she should have raised her left leg a bit so it doesn't look almost concave. other little items here and there, but those are my quick impressions.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM
ScooberJake
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Senior - Becca

Thanks for all the comments. Especially the detailed criticism. This is exactly why I post here, to get comments like these that help me get better.

I agree with pretty much all the comments, though I'll say that I still like #1 and #4 despite the admittedly weak poses. I guess it's just the expressions. And though better posing would certainly improve those, my experience is that expressions are what sell photos, more than posing or lighting.

Thanks again to all.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.