New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

loudtiger
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

Has anyone else noticed that their EN-EL15 battery gets "worse" on the battery health screen faster than the old EN-EL3E?

I shot a D300 from 2007 to 2012 and both batteries were still rated "0" on the screen. The D800's battery, on the other hand, is already showing "1". Granted, I'm not sure what the differences in reporting are between the two cameras, but it still seems a lot faster than before.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

My EN-EL15 are doing fine, but only a couple of years old. 5 years is a lot to expect without some degradation and most likely the battery info on the older battery is not so accurate.

EBH

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

My D800 does great with the grip, the batteries don't seem to get "worse" any faster than the D300, if anything they last even longer than they did with the grip and the D300.

Jim

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM
mrgetalife
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

Ignore the meter. Its just a feel good meter. The batteries have a finite life span based on time more than usage. I mean if you're a pro draining the battery every day. Yeah you'll wear it out. But you'll ignore the meter also. The only accurate meter is to use it and know how many shots you can get off from one charge. If that drops dramatically it means your battery has become defective.

Aug 20, 2013 at 01:00 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D800 EN-EL15 vs. the old EN-EL3E

I've got EN-EL15's almost 3 yrs old that I'd put up against my D700's EN-EL3e's, any day
Now the EN-EL4a's in da grip are a totally different animal....lasting forever! Worry when
yours read 3 or 4, as they drop like a rock from there.

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:43 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.