New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Advice for soccer dad...

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Advice for soccer dad...

skibum5 wrote:
yeah I really don't like under 1/800th for soccer (and especially not under 1/640th) but both of those are actually very SLOW speeds for soccer. Although at the U9 level you might well get away with lower speeds. I've pretty much only shot top D1 and pro level so the action is all super fast.

Yup, Just eagerly passing on newly learned information in case some, as myself, didn't, or don't know. I usually bypass anything reasonably learned and basically point shot, and learn online on forums after I post my hasty results ces't la vie?

Aug 20, 2013 at 03:39 PM
soggy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Advice for soccer dad...

A big thank you to everyone that responded, I really appreciate each and every option and opinion offered up (here and via DM). All of the advice made it clear that I am not ready to make a choice quite yet, but I certainly will be armed with examples and explanations that I would not have had without asking. I will, at some point, let you know what the final decision was in my case, and try to explain why I came to my conclusions. Please continue to add any other options and advice, it has been a real education for me (and hopefully others that lurk like I usually do). Thank you all!

Aug 21, 2013 at 08:01 AM
Thouse
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Advice for soccer dad...

I just finished with my young daughter (she's 5) who plays in an U8 (under 8 league). These young ladies like to bunch around and most don't really do much running! They can't really run with any ball control so getting shots of them with a ball if sometimes difficult. I used my old 70-200f4 with a 1.4 extender for the whole season. My body is an old 1DsII and the focus is superfast. I got a lot of great shots, some very good for prints and was able to give all thirteen team members an 8 X 12 at the end of the season (my business sponsers the team!). As the players get faster and the fields bigger, I imagine I'll move to one of the super-telephotos in the 400mm range. Light wasn't really an issue since in the summer, the latest games were at 6-7 PM......plenty of light. I think the body matters a bit more than the reach at this point for me.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:47 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.