Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

pedwatt

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

Had a blast shooting this for the fun of it. Shot the first 3 practices from a mobile set of bleachers. For the GT, GX and DP races I talked a guard into letting me into the pits to shoot from the exit end of the hot pit. I would recommend this track only if you have a press pass. It was great spectator track, but horrible spectator photographer track.

pedwatt 2013

pedwatt 2013

pedwatt 2013

pedwatt 2013

pedwatt 2013

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

#1: Crop to loose the white portion of the wall.
#2: I like this one, good angle, a piece of the S/F line, nice and sharp car.
#3: kinda static, almost feels parked on the track.
#4: Good idea, a slower shutter speed would have helped emphasize the speed difference between the two classes.
#5: Too bad that official was standing there, he kinda blocks the subject. Maybe crop the pole on the right, darken a bit.

Not a bad set, from watching it on TV it looked like it would be a tough track to shoot as a spectator...or a credentialed photog for that matter.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM
pedwatt

p.1 #3 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

1 Cropped and reposted here
2 Thank you
3 Was took to be semi static, was very close to me. This one was more about the beauty of the car then the action
4 I was working on doing more panning, will push the shutter lower next time
5 Recropped, darkened and reposted here
Added another pit picture, I find it slightly funny that he is yawning, wish there was a car on the track in the background

pedwatt 2013

redo of 1

pedwatt 2013

Redo of 5

pedwatt 2013

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

I love that last one...not for the car, but his yawn...that is about how I feel about the 01 team...yawn or yelling at the TV...

I think the two crops are better for it, what do you think?

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #5 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

I agree and think the crops helped. I still think you can go slightly farther on the redo of 5. I have it visualized as trim slightly past the green across the top, up on the right from the dark black spot on the bottom of the photo, and across the bottom at the white line in the original photo.

My thoughts on that crop are the top isn't doing anything for me, but leaving the car in the background shows the competition and creates a sense of urgency to get their jobs done.

The partial guy standing there on the right doesn't add to the photo, so eliminate him. If him over looking the crew is an important part, he's blocked to much by the sign and you need to watch for that the next time you shoot.

I liked leaving some of the tire marks leading the viewer off the picture, again creating a sense of when the car gets going here's the fastest path.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

^kinda my thoughts too, I would have cropped the green grass but left the DP on the banking, and more off the right to lose the slivers of people.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
pedwatt

p.1 #7 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

Will rework tonight and add

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
pedwatt

p.1 #8 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

So something closer to this?

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Grand Prix Kansas Speedway 2013

yeah, that is more or less what I would have done with it. still a bummer about that official...I really like that new livery on the 10 car though. Looks pretty BA.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password