Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              12       13       end

Archive 2013 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

RangerRick

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Very nice, Lisa. Want to share any of your post processing secrets?

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:30 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Beautiful images Lisa!!!

Aug 20, 2013 at 03:13 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

News flash. It's not the lens. It's the photographer. Another great set Lisa!

Greg

Aug 20, 2013 at 04:13 PM
russdenney01
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

RangerRick wrote:
Very nice, Lisa. Want to share any of your post processing secrets?

She offers online training on her post processing but classes fill up quick. Look up her website or PM her for details.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:19 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Have to go against the grain and praise and say that the PP on the skin is more then a little over the top, especially for a child who already has close to flawless skin. The loss of a defining feature such as freckles is just too much in my opinion.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

She didn't lose any freckles in my processing - I love freckles. Always has to be one in the bunch. I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion anyhow - I have not posted any SOOC shots from this session here. Things I DID do: sculpt and enhance the lighting that was already there. Things I did NOT do: obliterate any freckles.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:38 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
She didn't lose any freckles in my processing - I love freckles. I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion anyhow - I have not posted any SOOC shots from this session here.

Because I retouch fashion photographs professionally and the work is very apparent.

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Always has to be one in the bunch

I agree.

You are very defensive for such a critique; I'll refrain from posting in your threads in the future unless I have nothing but praise for you.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:50 PM
sculpin
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

wow! You can really make this lens work. Wish I could take portraits like this. Congrats to you and your beautiful model.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:51 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

I'm disagreeing with you. I did not touch the freckles, nor did I do anything to the photos that would alter the freckles. I'm not allowed to disagree? She did not have a heavy scattering of freckles as some redheads do. And ironically, when people DO have heavy freckling, I do the exact opposite of what you are accusing me of doing to these photos and actually enhance them and make them stand out more. I'm pretty sure I know what I did/did not do during editing. lol

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:52 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
I'm disagreeing with you. I did not touch the freckles, nor did I do anything to the photos that would alter the freckles. I'm not allowed to disagree? She did not have a heavy scattering of freckles as some redheads do. And ironically, when people DO have heavy freckling, I do the exact opposite of what you are accusing me of doing to these photos and actually enhance them and make them stand out more. I'm pretty sure I know what I did/did not do during editing. lol

The skin has been retouched, looking like a gaussian styled skin filtering system (such as Nik, DA's Beauty Box, etc - also achievable manually) with the layer altered in areas of the eyes/lips and then sharped on those areas. I'm not saying you went out of your way to remove her freckles; it's just that these filtering or gaussian methods for retouch remove detail and give a mushy skin look to photographs and in the process removes fine detail.

I wouldn't worry about what I think; You have your FM and FB legions who love your work and I'm sure 'the client loved it' as well, so to take offense at the "always one in the crowd" (..who didn't find your image perfect I guess?) seems silly. I will not dare to be the voice of dissention in your threads going forward.

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:00 PM

hatch1921
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

42 out of 43 people think your work is fantastic. 97.67441860465115 % of us think you did a great job... you scored an A+ for this series. (just getting ready for my math classes to start again )

I'm going to disagree with you Jeremy as I think she is just a young girl with great skin. I think the lighting might washout a little bit of the fine details in the skin but I don't think they appear overly smooth for a person her age. Also, being the images are web size and not full res... really hard to make that leap ... Just my $.02

Hatch

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:33 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

hatch1921 wrote:
42 out of 43 people think your work is fantastic. 97.67441860465115 % of us think you did a great job... you scored an A+ for this series. (just getting ready for my math classes to start again )

I'm going to disagree with you Jeremy as I think she is just a young girl with great skin. I think the lighting might washout a little bit of the fine details in the skin but I don't think they appear overly smooth for a person her age. Also, being the images are web size and not full res... really hard to
...Show more

For sure, hell, I didn't even say I didn't like the images, just that the skin is over-processed. Will gladly view the RAW to be proven wrong of course!

Aug 20, 2013 at 06:35 PM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

jeremy_clay wrote:
For sure, hell, I didn't even say I didn't like the images, just that the skin is over-processed. Will gladly view the RAW to be proven wrong of course!

all is well in the universe... sent a PM reply so we avoid taking away from the post.

Aug 20, 2013 at 07:38 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Before and after. The before is the raw file with not even so much as a single LR edit or noise removal on it. Just resized for the web. I like the edit. This is my style of editing. This was also not a paid shoot but just something for me for fun. Therefore, I played up the color of her hair and her eyes a bit more than I normally would. I touched up the circles under her eyes and enhanced the lighting and colors. I did not, however, delete any freckles or turn her skin to mush. I never do that.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:24 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

This discussion is going in circles. I know you like your edit, I know a million people probably do; there is no need to get defensive or justify your stylistic decisions to me. You didn't purposely 'delete' freckles etc. fine. But even in this low-rez sample the texture loss and localized blurring is apparent (the nose bridge, the brow, etc). It doesn't matter what I think of course, so please don't take so much offense - I just feel like a children's skin looks better retouched without skin smoothing as done here.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:35 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Oh my god!! I need a 200 2.0l!! hehe,You and your subject deserve the merits!! I am sure you can make killer photos with a kit lense!! I really like the last one,almost look like her hair are on fire!!

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:40 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Lisa its a beautiful portrait and i love the strong use of complimentary colors (red & green) here. Nicely seen as executed. I shoot with my 200 2L wide open all the time and as long as the eyes are sharp in my opinion you are good to go unless the photograph is about an eye brow or a nose then those should be sharp. Otherwise, rock on.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:43 PM
robert61
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

Beautiful work.

Aug 20, 2013 at 08:49 PM
JMBANAS
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

When I see shots like these, I think about selling my equipment. Amazing pictures of a beautiful little girl.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:00 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · 200mm 2.0L + beautiful redhead = magic.

The first shot is very special indeed.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:09 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password