New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Price of Rebel SL1

alfarmer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Price of Rebel SL1

I've been told that my price of around $350 for a LNIB Rebel SL1 is "far too high for my taste".

Is there someplace I'm unaware of that's selling them for less or giving them away or something?

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:56 PM
robsuh
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Price of Rebel SL1

I'd buy one for $350.

BuyDig had the SL1 kit for $550. So if the lens is worth $200, then $350 could be a number. I wouldn't call it "far too high" though.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Price of Rebel SL1

Kit lens deals are an interesting thing -- is the camera discounted? The lens? Or both?

When I tried to pair the SL1 with the 18-135mm STM nobody wanted the combo, which I found odd considering how great that lens is. Far better than the 18-55mm kit IMHO.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Price of Rebel SL1

I'm still debating between no and go for this body.

Either way, if I decide to include it in my gear list, it won't be paired up with a 18-135 STM, that's for sure. If you want something as big as that combo as a kit, you might just as well upgrade the body and you'll get much more than what SL1 has to offer. (One of my friend saw the SL1 with 18-55 STM and said the combo was too big already to use the camera that small.)

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
HauntedHat
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Price of Rebel SL1

I thought that the SL1 was much pricier... strange.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Price of Rebel SL1

I've used the Rebel+STM combo and it's not at all "big" (IMHO naturally...) compared to a 5Dx or even 6/7D. Plus it's quite nice to have continuous AF with kids and/or while traveling. When I want really compact I go with ye olde EOS-M. Hopefully Canon bounces back on that one and doesn't pull an HP.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Price of Rebel SL1

When I got my 60D a couple of months ago, it was cheaper than the SL1, body to body, I had no idea it has fallen that far that fast.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Price of Rebel SL1

It's not a very popular camera so buyers at higher prices are few and far between.

eBay is a good indicator of the highest price you can command, to sell on forums you'll have to sharpen your pencil.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Price of Rebel SL1

$350 is surprisingly low ... sounds like a great deal.

Aug 19, 2013 at 01:59 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Price of Rebel SL1

SL1 if canon had more pancakes. Otherwise lens size kills any small form factor. Unless you want to use other brand lenses.

Aug 19, 2013 at 06:55 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Price of Rebel SL1

if someone is finding 350 bucks 'to high for their taste' then move on to someone that will pay your asking price .

I dont know the the US market well but looking at the price of a new one on BH ($649) id say 350 is a great price .

Aug 19, 2013 at 07:18 AM
alfarmer
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Price of Rebel SL1

What price are you seeing for the 18-135mm STM? I'm hearing its $200 everywhere but I've yet to find it even used for less than $350-450.

Aug 19, 2013 at 09:55 AM
dfresh
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Price of Rebel SL1

I wouldn't worry too much about the opinion of a lowballer. I usually ignore people who make those kind of comments to my sales ads. Or ask them to provide evidence of legit sellers or completed sales/auctions with better prices (if they can).

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
memzinla
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Price of Rebel SL1

What does the SL1 go for? I saw one on Craigslist for 550, and when I texted the guy or girl he or she told me it sold already. :'(

Sep 01, 2013 at 01:01 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Price of Rebel SL1

I don't see how it being far too high for one person's taste necessarily means anything.

Also, what's the deal with the recent spate of "TK price of TK thing I'm selling doesn't seem to be getting bites-- so I'll post in the Canon gear thread" which incidentally gets a ton of exposure for the seller?

Seems to me that if you're concerned you're over-pricing you should put an "or best offer" label on your sale, whether here, craigslist, or elsewhere. If you're not concerned, then demand a price and let it sit until you sell. I kinda wish the whole "I'm selling TK-mainstream-item but not getting bites" threads would be banned from this board...

How hard is it to peruse closed sales here, on craigslist, and eBay?

Sep 01, 2013 at 01:53 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Price of Rebel SL1

I get lowballed all the time and ignore them. I get a good laugh off the guys offering 50% of the asking price. If you ask a fair price for a popular product it will probably sell sooner than later. Right now the SL1 is really pricy--$600 body only most places.

Sep 01, 2013 at 02:33 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.