Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

kris416
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

Hey everyone, just posting to share my work again for comments and criticism. Had the opportunity to work at the Ontario provincials at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre in Oakville. Here were a few I hope to be post worthy here.

Aug 19, 2013 at 02:00 AM
kris416
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MKMC8lfSdIA/UhF8zE9DrsI/AAAAAAAASZQ/Ef-5qe3c7A0/s1200/DSC_8056.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4BpvfQUiGz0/UhF88RkGeAI/AAAAAAAASZw/VBGueruSe8I/s1200/DSC_8430.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z-G6wYC2eZo/UhF8_IyXPjI/AAAAAAAASZ4/KgfRcdG8MU0/s1200/DSC_8450.jpg

Not sure why when I try to add more pics via image url that it doesn't work...

Aug 19, 2013 at 02:09 AM
mcarlson
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

It looks like you were trying to possibly use some noise reduction in your post processing? If so...waaaay too much. These lack any sort of sharpness, though I'm not sure #3 had any sharpness to begin with? (and, sorry, can't help with the linking issue)

Aug 19, 2013 at 08:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

Not sure what's going on with your post processing, but something went awry. They are oversaturated, and as Mike said, seem to show overuse of both noise reduction and sharpening. Can you post one SOC?

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM
kris416
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

mcarlson wrote:
It looks like you were trying to possibly use some noise reduction in your post processing? If so...waaaay too much. These lack any sort of sharpness, though I'm not sure #3 had any sharpness to begin with? (and, sorry, can't help with the linking issue)

argh, I agree. Post processing is definitely a big weakness for me. Even though I know I use too much noise reduction I still do it anyways. 3 was definitely a miss is sharpness to begin with, but I was trying to post some action rather than just "stock" stuff.

Paul I will post a couple originals when I get home from work tonight, but I'll tell you now I'm totally guilty of what both you and Carlson have pointed out!

Most of the day was shooting through glass or from far away with a D3/70-200 vr2, I find I can't get the sharpness at a professional level when it's so bloody dark. There was another pad I was shooting with a d7000 and same lens and of course (in my opinion) sharpness wasn't an issue at all... again when I get home later maybe I'll post a couple from the other pad to show the difference.

Aug 19, 2013 at 01:34 PM
kris416
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Indoor Lacross: Ontario Provincial Championships

P Alesse wrote:
Not sure what's going on with your post processing, but something went awry. They are oversaturated, and as Mike said, seem to show overuse of both noise reduction and sharpening. Can you post one SOC?

Here are a couple out of camera for comparison

Aug 20, 2013 at 04:13 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password