Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Wahoowa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

In case you didn't know it already, Adorama is offering free registration to Adorama VIP. Not absolutely sure what the benefits are, but it's free, so nothing to lose, I guess.

http://www.adorama.com/pages/vip?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid10078&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905

Enjoy!

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Thanks! I'll give it a go. I've bought several items from Adorama, new and used, over the last few years.

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:30 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

From their website, here is the list of benefits:

✓ Receive 20 gigs of FREE Cloud Storage (provided by pogoplug cloud storage)
✓ Invitation to purchase products that are only available to VIPs
✓ Exclusive email offers, saving you time while finding your favorite products!
✓ Free eBooks with photographic tips & tricks
✓ Member-only contests
✓ Savings throughout Adorama's online store

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

I buy a ton of stuff from Adorama, I'll see if it brings any tangible benefits that I like.

Aug 18, 2013 at 01:10 PM
verbiage
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Thanks! I have also picked up a few things from Adorama over the years (including the 28 F/2.8 IS for a very reasonable price), so might just as well give it a go.

Aug 18, 2013 at 01:36 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

For the most part it appears to be to get a list for advertising?

Aug 18, 2013 at 02:04 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

I was thrilled to see that I can now get 3-year AppleCare for an Xserve. Didn't they get discontinued more than a year ago? What exactly would you be buying then? But I digress

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Ed Peters wrote:
For the most part it appears to be to get a list for advertising?

I was going to mention direct marketing, but didn't want to be a wet blanket.

It certainly will be an effective way to empty the bank accounts of people suffering from GAS.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

When VIP first launched, customers had the opportunity to buy a VIP warranty for $7.95 after which everything purchased from Adorama within the following 12 months, was eligible for a 12 month extended warranty - without any additional payments.

For reasons that aren't clear (to me, at least) the VIP warranty was suspended, but when I inquired of the marketing team, I was told that it will be reintroduced in the future; not sure whether that is because they are 'tweaking' with it in some way.

It's certainly worth looking out for, though.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Aug 21, 2013 at 09:25 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Thanks from me too. I just joined. If you have bought from them in the past (as I had) you just log in at that link, and it gives you the option to just join by one click.

Aug 21, 2013 at 09:39 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Helen Oster wrote:
When VIP first launched, customers had the opportunity to buy a VIP warranty for $7.95 after which everything purchased from Adorama within the following 12 months, was eligible for a 12 month extended warranty - without any additional payments.

For reasons that aren't clear (to me, at least) the VIP warranty was suspended, but when I inquired of the marketing team, I was told that it will be reintroduced in the future; not sure whether that is because they are 'tweaking' with it in some way.

It's certainly worth looking out for, though.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

Glad to hear the info from the source.

$7.95 for an extra year of warranty is something that would definitely interest me.

Aug 21, 2013 at 09:57 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Wahoowa wrote:
Glad to hear the info from the source.

$7.95 for an extra year of warranty is something that would definitely interest me.

You had to purchase the warranty BEFORE purchasing the first item to be covered; I'd assume this may be the case when it is re-introduced, so be sure to check it the terms and conditions carefully.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Helen Oster wrote:
You had to purchase the warranty BEFORE purchasing the first item to be covered; I'd assume this may be the case when it is re-introduced, so be sure to check it the terms and conditions carefully.

I understand that. In general, I assume you need to at least purchase it at the time of purchase (or some company allows within 30 days). If Adorama wants it before purchasing the goods, so be it. Personally, for $7.95, it's worth it for me, at least for any item that is over $1,000.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

The warranty is underwritten by an external company who set the requirements; when they do bring the offer back - and I'd expect existing VIP members to be notified directly - placing the order for the warranty before or at the same time as ordering a unit is going to lead to fewer complications, for sure.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

Wahoowa wrote:
Not absolutely sure what the benefits are, but it's free, so nothing to lose, I guess.

Maybe items that happened to be back-ordered actually get listed on the site as being "OUT OF STOCK" instead of misleading customers and having them wait 3 weeks without any contact! I ultimately cancelled my order and ordered from B&H (which I should've done in the first place) item was shipped same day.

Aug 21, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

kinconorb wrote:
Maybe items that happened to be back-ordered actually get listed on the site as being "OUT OF STOCK" instead of misleading customers and having them wait 3 weeks without any contact!

Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am that you were inconvenienced by this; I agree with you 100% that it would be great if we could show immediate stock updates and apologize for any disappointment that this has caused
Unfortunately this happens when an item is unexpectedly popular and the orders we receive outpace our website's inventory update system.

When there is a greater demand for an item than anticipated, and we are already low on inventory and then receive several orders within just a few minutes via the various portals such as BizRate, Amazon and buy.com, plus via our own website, the 'phones and in store, it isn't immediately obvious to our stock-keeping system which customer is going to be disappointed. This is compounded because we do not ever make a charge until an item has actually shipped.

All that being said, in the event that an item is out of stock or for any other reason it's unable to be shipped, we will notify you usually within one business day (not 3 weeks). We will keep the order open unless told to cancel it.

As it appears from your posting that you didn't immediately receive an automated back-order email, I would be grateful if you could please email me directly with the cancelled order number, so I can check whether or not the email was actually sent: [email protected].

Once again my apologies for the frustration and disappointment caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Oster

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:03 AM
FredCrowBear

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Free registration to Adorama VIP ($149 valued)

I've always had good service from Adorama, and free is free, so there is very little downside to signing up. Emails from camera shops and manufacturers are some of the few marketing emails that I actually enjoy getting.

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:25 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.