Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Shooting Table

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shooting Table

Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced shooting table? I know Smith-Vector is up there in quality and in price, but is there anything else that is nearly as good for a more reasonable cost? I'm looking for something that has a translucent top, large enough to photograph tall bottles of liquor, etc....

Thanks,

Greg

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shooting Table

The least expensive option is to build your own. Here's a couple of ideas. There are many other DIY tables on the web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdHOEU_ung

http://www.diyphotography.net/taxonomy/term/164

Aug 18, 2013 at 03:48 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shooting Table

Awesome. Thanks Dan!

Aug 18, 2013 at 07:22 AM
rkgatteleport
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shooting Table

Hi,

I use a bunch of superclamps, electrical conduit, and a couple of autopoles for mine. Here's an image in a couple of different configurations (don't have one with a sweep on it handy, but you get the idea):

At the time it was cheap (I put it together during the financial crisis when you could buy used superclamps all day for $5 each and autopoles for not a whole lot more) - those days seem to be gone but you can do something similar with structural tube connectors (look at tek supply) fairly cheaply. for larger shooting structures I actually prefer the electrical conduit to a pvc solution - the larger diameters are really stiff, surprisingly light, easy to cut, and pretty cheep, but that's just me...

Good Luck,

rkg
(Richard George)

Aug 18, 2013 at 04:07 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password