Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Dan Heitman: This was the hardest hike I have done yet - not clear, rock piles, heavy pack 1500meters in a day, .... but it was fantastic. Next summer we will start working on hiking early. Glad you like the reflection. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ben egbert: I agree the golden light is not everything - it was a great visit. Thanks for the encouragement. Scott

Aug 18, 2013 at 05:59 PM
dwa652
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Scott,

Number 1 is outstanding. I really really like that one. The others are nice but that one is the clear standout for me.

I hear you about the hike. I am the same age as you and just returned from your neck of the woods (yes, I should have let you know I was coming, but things came together late and my wife joined me for half of the trip). I got out of wind just hiking to that iceberg lake near Edith Cavell (the lower trail was closed) and down the slope to Beauty Creek and back up! Next time I WILL give you a shout ...

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

dwa652: I keep missing you. I am glad to know that Edith Cavell at the hostel is open. That same stretch of trail I ran into a grizzly about 3 years ago. I have its picture. Glad you like 1. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Ardea
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Hi,
Did you leave your vehicle on the Dempster hwy and hike in from there?
Regards, Richard

Aug 25, 2013 at 09:17 AM
Steph Coffman
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

The 1st one is my favorite, I love the detail! The clouds in #3 are great too.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Norman my love
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Sorry the hike killed ya, but you did better than I would have. That first picture made me gasp - absolutely gorgeous. The others are beautiful as well. Looks like the pain and suffering was worth it.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM
wswartzwel
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Nice images, really like the 1st and 3rd, but they are all good. Thanks so much for telling the story of what it took to get them.

Jan 15, 2015 at 09:59 AM
can0nfan2379
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

#3 for me, nice set Scott!!

Jan 15, 2015 at 01:06 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

Have always enjoyed your straight forward sort of documentary style images. These are no exception...

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:58 AM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Tombstone Yukon - Grizzly/Divide/Talus Hike - Day 1/2

#1 is really the stand out here. It does have a bit of an HDR look to it though which I'm not really fond off. The colors in the clouds, in particular, are different between the left and right. Fix the right side to be a little higher contrast and perhaps shift it away from the slight green hue it has overall and I think it will be improved. I would also up the contrast a hair throughout the image overall as well. The reflection is stunning, and I like the simple foreground with details seen under the water. Fix the processing and you have a real keeper!

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:40 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.