Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Any tips or tricks on using RX100?

zylan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any tips or tricks on using RX100?

Anyone have any tips,tricks on using the RX100? Any suggestions from your experience on when and how you used the functions, modes, etc. of RX100? Or any sites or videos on tips using the RX100? I just started to play with it and i was surprised how much more functions, etc. that it had over my Canon S95...Thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:56 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any tips or tricks on using RX100?

Lots of good RX100 video setting advice on run gun shoot: http://rungunshoot.com/how-to-set-up-your-sony-rx100-for-cinematic-video/

Edited on Sep 02, 2013 at 06:29 PM · View previous versions

Aug 17, 2013 at 09:37 AM
Tim Wild
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any tips or tricks on using RX100?

RX100 is a nice camera, I have one. The thing I miss is wide angles - is there an adapter for it to get it closer to 16mm?

Main thing with the RX100 is with the small body there aren't many buttons so it's a bit hard to use anything advanced.

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:59 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any tips or tricks on using RX100?

Oh, carp. I forgot to contribute. Sorry.

Have at least one spare battery, as they die a quick and spiteful death.

I normally use the Intelligent Auto mode. I normally use it with the flash turned off. I recently bought a Gariz leather half-case for it, and it's very nice, but it adds about 1/4" to the camera height, at the bottom. Bottom.

It actually works OK in M and Av modes (haven't tried Tv), but it's kind of a pain when you're used to DSLR, or even something slightly more archane, like a Fuji X-Pro 1. Of course, if this will be your main camera, then you will quickly learn its ins and outs. It's by far the best pocket P&S camera that I've ever used, or heard of, or even smelled.

I use an Op-Tech Digital D-Compact 'rangefinder' neoprene case for it, which is relatively compact, but has sufficient room in the front pocket for three extra batteries, a couple of cards, and a Magfilter CPL filter. The Magfilter has a really cool, minimalist supermagnet mounting ring system, with a magnetic ring that's stuck on the front of the lens (barely and rarely noticeable), and it works quite well, as a CP filter, that is.

I'll post a few photos tomorrow, when I'm a bit more "compos mentis", as opposed to "compost mental", which pretty much describes my current state.

Cheers,
Jim

P.S. Go Pats!

[yes, it's that time of year. ]

Aug 27, 2013 at 08:48 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.