Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

Just a photography-related note on recent run-ins with kind people.

First up are the nice folks at the Leica repair/service facility in New York (I believe).

Bought a used Leica R lens that I was converting to Nikon F mount, but was missing the aperture click ball detent spring. Now this is a tiny custom spring and can't be found anywhere on line, so I called them up hoping to buy one from them. Nope, wouldn't take my money - they immediately offered to send me one in the mail for free. Had it in 4 or 5 days. Can't beat that!

Next is the Smith-Victor Company:

I'm a fan of Smith-Victor carbon fiber tripods - well featured, well built, and modestly priced - and just got a new CF5 in the mail yesterday form Adorama. I have the smaller/lighter CF1, but at times it's not strong enough, so I bought the much-beefier CF5. The CF1 I have has retractable spiked feet - a feature I use a lot - and descriptions of the CF5 seemed to indicate it would be no different and also have spiked feet.

Well, I open up the box and no spiked feet - just replaceable rubber-tipped feet. I send an e-mail to their sales address asking if they have the option to add spiked feet to this tripod (i.e., perhaps the spiked feet from the CF1 or CF3 will fit this). No immediate response yesterday so this morning I call them up.
I'm immediately vectored to the person who it turns out was just about to send me an e-mail.
They are sending me 3 retractable spiked feet - tuns out they've made a design change and no longer offer this feature, but had some left over parts - for free!

So, in this day and age of customer coming in no where near first in the eyes of many companies it's nice to know that there are still people/companies out there that will go the extra mile to keep customers happy.

Hopefully others who've read this have some similar experiences.

- John

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:39 PM
Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

Great to hear, there's good people still around.

A few years back, I overtightened the knob for friction of the central column of my basalt gitzo. i heard a crack and yes, the fibres split.

I sent an email to gitzo explaining what happened, which in the end was my fault. The sent a new centre column free of charge

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:47 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

Perhaps I should re-name this thread "Photographic Acts Of Kindness"

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

drive_75
• • •
p.1 #4 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

Yes there are still company that care about customers. Gura Gears was the same way with me. They sent me replacement parts free of charge even after I said I was willing to pay for it.

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #5 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

That's a great story. I like to do business with businesses that place a value on customer service.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
mfreardon
• • •
p.1 #6 · Kind People Still Around In The Photographic Community

Mike1.6 wrote:
That's a great story. I like to do business with businesses that place a value on customer service.

+1

Aug 19, 2013 at 01:12 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password