Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              9       10       end

40,000th POST!!!!!

Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Hello friends! Here I am at 40,000 posts on Fred Miranda Wow itís hard to believe I have been here so long and have posted so many times. This has been an incredible journey for me, I have learned so much along the way about photography, people, animals, different parts of the world and who knows what else. I have made many friends, met and shot with a heck of a lot of you. There have been some members that have meant a lot to me that have passed away and the forum is the poorer for those loses, we have to take the good with the sad thatís just part of life. Other members have moved on as their interests have changed while other members have joined and added their own special gifts to the mix. I looked back in time at my 10k post to see who was here and who has left; it turns out about 50% from that post are still active members that says a lot about you dedication and love for this art form. This forum is different than the rest, we have true friendships here and to me thatís what makes this place special. For those that taught and still continue to teach me, thank you, I am indebted to you. To those whose images made me say Wow, put a smile on my face, inspired me or captured my imagination, thank you. All of you make this place what it is, a positive oasis that brings a bunch of us from all around the world together to share our passion. Thank you my friends

Fred, I owe you the biggest thank you of all for creating this wonderful forum, you have brought together some extremely talented and amazing people and created a terrific venue for us to share the activity we all love so much. Thank you Mr Miranda.

Here is a favorite recent photo that I took with both current, future and past FMers to mark the occasion.

Tim

Bald Eagle from Hood Canal

Canon EOS-1D X    EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/3200s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Aug 17, 2013 at 01:09 AM · View previous versions

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

This is just incredible my very good friend

It boggles my mind to think that you started with just 'one' post and now have delighted and educated many many others to the tune of a whopping 40,000 responses,images, lessons, general posts, condolences, credits, nits and other kindly gestures of a truly talented individual

Geeeesh buddy I couldn't be happier for you and your accomplishments and your true genuine willingness to share and help others along the way and at times keep a certain individual ( ) in uplifted spirits when things got down.

You've been published, you have doubled your focal length and then some, you have been places and at angles that many other dream of Tim. Your visions and desires seem to continue to expand your great appreciation of Nature and Wildlife and it has been to my greatest satisfaction to see it, hear it and have the privilege to comment and critique it

Don't slow down................you are in your Happy Zone and that is 'All Good'

Love ya buddy.....
Karl

and just to keep things honest, I don't like blue BG's ..................................well unless you cover them up with Eagles like this

Edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 03:08 PM · View previous versions

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:49 PM
ednotfred
• •
p.1 #3 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Raising the bar.
Love the detail in the wings.
Eagles are my favourite subject of late as they surprise you with their many poses. They always look so annoyed.

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:54 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Karl Witt wrote:

This is just incredible my very good friend

It boggles my mind to think that you started with just 'one' post and now have delighted and educated many many others to the tune of a whopping 40,000 responses,images, lessons, general posts, condolences, credits, nits and other kindly gestures of a truly talented individual

Geeeesh buddy I couldn't be happier for you and your accomplishments and your true genuine willingness to share and help others along the way and at times keep a certain individual ( ) in uplifted spirits when things got down.

You've
...Show more

I can see I'm not going to get any work done today

I am truly humbled by your words Karl. I do remember back to the beginning, chasing some guy with a Jay on his head around N&W making comments and learning. It has been a while my friend but that time surely has flown. You have always been kind to me and gentle with your critiques, something I value so dearly. I'll never forget the dinner we shared on a dock in Maine, enjoying fresh lobster and beautiful evening with our families, that really is one special memory. One that I hope we can repeat in some form in the future, heck we may even shoot together someday!! I cannot thank you enough Karl for the really kind words, you're the best! We really have been through a lot together, some ups and some downs, those are the things that build friendships. Thank you Karl, you are a class act.

Tim

Tim

Edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 04:30 PM · View previous versions

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:56 PM
Michael Rucci
• • •
p.1 #5 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Congrats on your 40,000 look forward to 40,000 more You not only have a way with the camera your text is also top notch I am new here but i hope i can learn and grow as you did Thanks
Mike

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:57 PM
BeeBalm
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Tim,
Wow your image is IMPECCABLE, STELLAR, EXQUISITE and a GEM!! Can't get over the feather detail and your gorgeous background! You captured such a gorgeous pose...
What a sweet story you wrote! I am a newbie here but I am so glad I met you because you have given me motivation to take better pictures ... Its great to have someone to look up to
And congratulations to your 40,000 post here WOW ....
BeeBalm
P.S. Forgot to add, I need a 1DX It's on my wish list to get better detail in my captures! That will be another step in my learning process.

Edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 03:04 PM · View previous versions

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:00 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Tim, I am most grateful that you have been around for 40,000 posts! Not only have I enjoyed and marveled at your work, but you have offered your knowledge so willingly and freely, thank you.

Gorgeous shot, wonderful detail .

Thank you ,

Birdie

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:02 PM
canon.eos30d
• • • •
p.1 #8 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Congrats on your 40K post, Tim. I do have a great time to enjoy your photos in every post. And most importantly, I got many great adsives from you.

Such a beautiful Bald Eagle to celebrate your 40K Milestone.

- Tam

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:05 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

congrats Tim.. it's an excellent eagle

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:18 PM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #10 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

way to go tim! 40,000 posts! did you start in the pleistocene? just joking man. in all seriousness, i've always enjoyed your work (this eagle included!), and i look forward to the comments you post on my work on the work of other. yes, this is really a great place, and that veterans such as yourself have participated so actively for such a long time speaks to the quality of the interactions that here occur. if you make it to boston, i'll take you out. better hurry though, i'm outta here on on the big bike ride in 4 months!

dorian

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Hi Tim,

Your narrative for this landmark is perfect and nails my feelings and Iím positive most of us feel this way. This is a superb flight photo and something Iíve come to expect from you my friend.

Morris

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:44 PM
hnilsson
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

GP: 40,000 Holy! What, did you start here when you were young Like in your 70's?

Seriously Tim, thanks for all the fun along the way....and the great shots too of course. You set the bar high and I like that.

H

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:49 PM
72chevelle454
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

save my spot

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

72chevelle454 wrote:
save my spot

you weren't first like old times, you must be getting sloooooow in your old age!

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

72chevelle454 wrote:
save my spot

And I counted you as the missing

Here we go again boys and girls

Tim

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:04 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

A BIG and Heartfelt Congrats, Tim!!
A HUGE, meaningful, well deserved milestone and a testament to your dedication to this Forum and to your passion for this art form.
I still remember when you joined this Forum and how impressed I was by your excitement and desire to improve the quality of your images, to better and challenge yourself in the digital photographic process, and in the process, to become a better photographer. All the merit to you
You are now an inspiring personality not only for the members of this Forum, but for all the FM community.
Your images speak of your talent and skill. Your work is among the finest and will keep climbing to even higher levels
Socrate

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:08 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.1 #17 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

I am pretty new to the forum but I already have been amazed by the quality of your pictures! Being talented is good but what make it great is when your not affraid of helping others improve there skills!! Keep up your good work and dedication to our hobby, photography!!

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Tim Kuhn wrote:
And I counted you as the missing

Here we go again boys and girls

Tim

He is missing...............missing But not missed

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:12 PM
ScottHM
• • •
p.1 #19 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

40,000...oh my...Not having been around long it's quite the accomplishment, but even more so with the pictures you've posted. Keep my fingers crossed that I can get near to both points, perhaps one of these days we'll get to shoot together as well.

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:18 PM
munzir.khan
• • • •
p.1 #20 · 40,000th POST!!!!!

Tim, A real frame to hang .... Classic shot!

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:23 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password