FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Little different subject-Product Photography

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Little different subject-Product Photography

Wasn't sure where to put this, but its for PC board images.i do these at work pretty much on a daily basis. Right now we use a Canon PowerShot 720IS, which does an OK job, but the center is in good focus and towards the edges it gets fuzzier rapidly. I've tried zooming in to stop some of the problems using a wide angle lens setting, but then I lose the ability to use the macro setting. Tried going up to an aperture of 7.1 for more depth of field, and that helped a bit, but shutter lengths were getting a bit long.
I'd send an image, but most of the material is classified.
Most of the time its freehand, or If I can I rest my hand on a plastic tote case, I know its not ideal, but it does help.
It amazes me, the high tech of what we make, and the contractual requirements that the customers have, and how little we do to go to any lengths to make half decent images.
So any people out there who have done this type of work?What type of cameras do you use?what lenses would be best for what I need?

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:33 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.