Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

scot1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

Ok. Let's try again! Posted this wedding yesterday and got told the pp was off. I have reduced sharpening and saturation so I hope this will allow a critique of the photos now and NOT the pp. Here they are:

Edited on Aug 15, 2013 at 08:00 PM · View previous versions

Aug 15, 2013 at 04:55 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

20 is rough for me because of the harsh light. it is not a have to have moment on the blog so I would drop that.
the PP is MUCH better.
Your photos for the most part are fine. I have nothing to much to say about them. Your lighting is fine, your posing is fine, your composition is fine. Maybe not inspired but then again not to many people are "OMG good" in terms of the artistic stuff so do not take that as a knock on you.

I do not think getting critique on the PP is a bad thing. The PP is part of each photo. As the photographer you choose how to compose and take the photo and then you also choose how to process it for final presentation. I would almost venture to say that PP is 50% of the game.

With that said. I still see a little bit to much clarity in some of the BW and some of the color shots. The grainy BW look is cool but it has to be done tastefully. You are very close. The color stuff is much better in terms of the POP of the photo... slightly more subdued than it was but still a little much IMO. Again that is personal preference.
You also still have some green cast on some of your color images. Mess with the tint slider a little and maybe the HSL sliders to try to combat that.

Normally I would not go into this much detail but I do feel like you have a great handle on just about everything and with some tuning you would be presenting MUCH stronger images.

Aug 15, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

I actually really enjoyed this set. Colors are good, and your B&W edits are really, really nice.

Aug 15, 2013 at 06:32 PM
scot1

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

What would be really helpful is, I am trying to pick about 20 photos to blog. Which ones should I include out of these?

Aug 15, 2013 at 07:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

scot1

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

any chance of a couple more takes on this wedding I done? Maybe it is just quiet today? thanks.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
photosymbol
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

Scot, do you have a link to your website?

Aug 16, 2013 at 02:46 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

2,5,6inBW,8,9,13,14,18,24,26,28,29,31,42,44,49

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:11 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · :G+G Wedding: (52 images-help me blog 20!)

i think i remember your original post of this set and i agreed that it was very oversaturated and over-processed looking. it's amazing the difference in refinement makes when it comes to processing.

in almost every case you're going to be better off editing to the point where you think something has the effect you want and then backing off. these look way better than the previous set you posted, though some of the color and vibrancy seems still a bit strong (for my tastes). i think in your work, or at least this set, it seems you've captured some nice moments and they speak for themselves without needing to rely on heavy processing to make them more "interesting."

when it comes to trimming a set for a blog, i think this is a good exercise for you to practice. there are a lot of similar photos in this set, some of which are a similar part of the story with different people for examples:

the procession you have the bride coming out with the bridesmaids, the bride walking with her father, the flower girls walking down the aisle. ask yourself which of these is the MOST powerful of this moment in the day (obviously you will deliver all of these and more to your client), but the subtle differences from frame to frame doesn't keep a viewer wanting to see more. they will just see more of the same.

also, 16 and 17 are very similar, but there's a very pure and romantic energy about 16, while 17 is nice and happy, it changes the mood of the same scene and in a way dilutes the previous frame.

hope that helps!

Aug 19, 2013 at 06:54 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password