Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

Wes Bailey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

Hey all -

Just wanted to provide a quick update to a post from a few weeks ago regarding having repair work done my 70-200 VRII and me not being the original owner:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1229281/0#11701230

My lens is fixed and is now sharp as a tack at f/2.8 and the lower left corner craziness is gone! I originally sent the lens to APS but they forwarded it to Nikon Melville who replaced the roller/guide ring, outside rubber, VR unit, and adjusted the auto focus and all under warranty; no cost to me except initial shipping to APS! Lens looks brand new, arrived packed super tight, and functions like it should.

In case you're wondering how I got warranty work done as suggested to me in my original post, I sent in all the paperwork under the first owner's name but listed in care of me - no questions asked, repaired under warranty.

With respect to timeframe: the lens arrived at APS on August 2; they shipped to Nikon Melville soon after; I received an email from Nikon stating the received my lens and in shop for repair on August 6th; repair completed on Aug 12th; they shipped to me August 13th; lens arrived today, August 15th. Not bad!

My first experience with warranty work went quite well just curious why APS sent in to Nikon Melville.

Wes Bailey

Aug 15, 2013 at 04:36 PM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

It's good to hear some positive news about Nikon service.

Aug 15, 2013 at 07:34 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

^^^Agree

Aug 15, 2013 at 07:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

Good stuff Wes...

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Wes Bailey
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

dj dunzie wrote:
Good stuff Wes...

Thanks DJ! I am quite pleased just wish I would've sent it in for repair sooner. I now understand why the 70-200 VRII receives raves - sharp, sharp, sharp!! Prior to sending in this lens was terribly mushy in one corner and terrible at f/2.8 - not any more!

Aug 16, 2013 at 01:19 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 70-200 VRII fixed! A happy Nikon repair story!

Wes Bailey wrote:
With respect to timeframe: the lens arrived at APS on August 2; they shipped to Nikon Melville soon after; I received an email from Nikon stating the received my lens and in shop for repair on August 6th; repair completed on Aug 12th; they shipped to me August 13th; lens arrived today, August 15th. Not bad!

My first experience with warranty work went quite well just curious why APS sent in to Nikon Melville.

Wes Bailey

Chances are that APS cannot get the parts from Nikon.

You're very lucky with the timeframe. My D800E went in for a warranty repair a month ago and so far no response. My 200-400 went in for a non-warranty repair and all I know is that it will cost me over $700. Things work a little slower here in Oz but they still have nearly three weeks to be faster than my average Canon Service turn-around time of seven weeks.

- Alan

Aug 18, 2013 at 01:23 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password