New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · PHOTO added -Twitchy CS6

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PHOTO added -Twitchy CS6

I've got two annoying issues with my newly installed CS6. (Via download, not with discs). When I send photos from ACR to CS6, they usually show up very small, not normal editing size. Sometimes they are at 0%! I have to go in and click the percentage tab to get it to fit the screen.

Second issue is, once done with ACR, I use my mouse to drag the window out of the way or I minimize it; then I use my cursor to drag the PS6 screen into full view. As I do this, when the mouse is engaged, there is this pattern of pixelization of everything behind that is on my desktop, plus the image I've just imported. Once I let up on the mouse (when I have the window where I want it) it all goes away.

Very hard to articulate. Anyone have either of these issues? I am using an NEC 27-inch screen with my MacBook Pro as the computer, but I tried it and it does the same thing when just using the MacBook Pro.

Thoughts most welcome; sorry for the photo quality. Thanks.

Very crummy one-handed iPhone shot

Edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 06:33 PM · View previous versions

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM
melcat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PHOTO added -Twitchy CS6

CS6 uses the GPU ("graphics processor" in Adobe-speak) directly in ways CS5 didn't, for computation and display. I've seen display glitches a couple of times on my Mac Pro (cheesegrater) and read of many more.

Start by making sure you have OS X and the MacBook Pro firmware updated. At least do the firmware and make sure you've run Software Update/App Store if you don't want to go to Mountain Lion. Apple seems to have had a fair bit of trouble with the display drivers on some of these machines. I'm not sure whether you need to search Apple's downloads area for the firmware updates; the last one I saw for one of my machines was just offered by Software Update.

You can selectively turn off part or all of the GPU acceleration in CS6 under Preferences | Performance. I think some of the MacBook Pros also let you switch between "integrated graphics" (bad) and the dedicated chip.

I just open the raw file via Bridge and it all works; the ACR window closes when I click the "Open" button.

Aug 16, 2013 at 09:56 AM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PHOTO added -Twitchy CS6

Melcat - Thanks so much for the information. I'll check into all of this over the weekend and post a photo of the screen as well.

Aug 16, 2013 at 01:01 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.