Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to mono...

Albino_BlacMan
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

I was just wondering what everyone does with their radio triggers when they're connected to their monolights. Do they just let them hang or do you connect them to either the light or the stand somehow?

Aug 15, 2013 at 02:11 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

Mine hang off my moonlights when doing studio work (Pocket Wizard Plus II's mostly). For speedlight work, I often use a Justin Clamp with a small stud on the side that enables me to screw in the Pocket Wizard and hold it snugly. For my Qflash, I have a Justrite bracket that I mount on a light stand or paint pole. The bracket has a dedicated screw mount for the Pocket Wizard. Depending on what trigger you use, you might also consider one of these (for Pocket Wizard Plus II): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/870374-REG/Hildozine_1001_Hildozine_1001_Caddy_Plus.html

Aug 15, 2013 at 04:18 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

I have a cold shoe mounted on my AlienBees specifically for my PW TT5, or any other trigger to attach to. It's very secure. I understand that some radio triggers do not have a shoe to attach but for what I have it works great. I originally used Velcro which was fine too.

Aug 15, 2013 at 04:42 PM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

I'm using PocketWizards, so I loop 'em through their lanyard and let them hang that way. Better than Velcro IMO, especially if you're moving without tearing everything down.

Profoto/Eli heads and monolights have areas that are perfect for this; YMMV with something like Alien Bees.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

irish-george
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

I use the Hildozine caddies, they're great.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM
lifthard2001
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

Call me cheap ,I use velcro

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Hawkan
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

How about bungee cord?

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do your radio triggers just hang? (When connected to monolights)

when i had a box full of cybersyncs, i ordered a dozen lanyards off ebay for like 2 bucks, opened each case and lasso'd the lanyard around the mount screw. worked perfect for the 3 years or so i owned them. something like these

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password