New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

Todd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

Hi all. I recently took a business portrait for my wife's boss, I think it turned out well. I used my Nikon D800E and the 70-200 VRII (Great portrait lens) in a small office space. The 4 SB900 flashes did very well and I'm always amazed with Nikon equipment. The rim light was a SB900 shot through a large diffuser (camera right), I was going to use another small soft box for that, but I forgot a bracket for the box. Had to improvise but it worked. I controlled all the flashes with the Nikon SU 800, the pop up flash would have worked, but it only controls / handles two groups.

Comments welcome

Todd

http://www.toddhargisphotography.com/Portraits/Misc-Portraits/i-46VDqzK/0/XL/D8E%20Steve01-XL.jpg

Nikon D800E and 4 SB900 flashes using Nikon's CLS (Creative lighting System). Three groups A, B, & C. Main light: Wescott 26" RapidBox and large diffuser in front of the RapidBox. ISO 100, F/5 @ 250/sec in manual mode.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
hatch1921
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

I think you did a nice job with the lighting and he looks relaxed. My only suggestion would be to crop some of the top off the image... to bring his eyes to the upper third of the image. I think it helps make it more pleasing to the eye.

Just some thoughts.
Nice capture.
Hatch

Here is a cropped version... hope you do not mind.,.. if you do.. .I'll remove the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vapcngv2ttig0y/D8E%20Steve01-XL.jpg

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
John Caldwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

Top shirt button is unbuttoned.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

I think it's great, I do agree with Hatch and would crop it.
Didn't notice the button earlier but now that John mentioned it it does stick out a bit.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Business portrait / Nikon CLS

Agree with Hatch. Nice job on the pic.

Checking the wardrobe is one thing you can do before the shoot starts. He may have wanted the tie loose like that or he may have not noticed it was that way and wanted it tightened up. Just ask.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.