Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · wedding

tobicus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · wedding

wedding

Edited on Aug 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM · View previous versions

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
awad
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · wedding

I'd do a free reshoot if its only 20 minutes away. It'll keep them happy. But im not the best business person.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · wedding

You can't please everyone so you have to please them, but if you find they're unpleasable you have to let them go.

(Wedding clients are like a woman you're in a relationship with)

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · wedding

Forgetting the business side of things and just looking at the photos, I can totally see where she's coming from in wanting more casual / fun photos. There's some good ones in there but I get the sense that it was a bit rushed and they weren't terribly relaxed (the formal stuff doesn't seem natural for them at all). I'm guessing she had different expectations from the shoot and some poor choices on locations or order or amount of time were made (not saying it was your fault or hers) so she's dissatisfied but trying to be nice about it is what I'm getting from that note.

I think you have an opportunity here to blow their socks off by being cool about doing a re-shoot, perhaps even with a nominal extra fee if you feel it necessary, so you can spend more time at that location which is special to them and they regret not shooting at.

You aren't asking for a critique here, but I think these notes are relevant:

On the link you posted, images 3-7 are basically the same. There isn't much of a connection in any of them and it's a bit monotonous (and the blog post I'm assuming is your favorites).

The shots with the columns, particularly the 2nd one don't add anything to the set for me. It's not such a compelling scene that their lack of connection is something easily overlooked, and more importantly in that 2nd photo his dark complexion makes him practically invisible against the dark side of that column.

BUT then on that next photo you're much closer and they're together and I can start to feel the connection between them and it's a pretty photo of them. Then it seems like you quickly walk around them snapping a few shots before saying let's move on before the rain comes.

Anyways, like I said I think you could have another go at it and blow them away if you focus on capturing their connection, maybe stick to more tight shots since there is an apparent tendency to go super wide and that's probably not what she's wanting (you can certainly ask her). She's probably wanting something a little more traditional or conservative in composition and maybe posing while still having your style, if that makes sense.

Hope my random thoughts are helpful.

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:04 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · wedding

After looking at the pics, I agree that a reshoot is in order.

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:41 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · wedding

This is your last year in the business, tobicus?

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:56 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · wedding

When you have clients who just don't feel comfortable close to each other or in front of a camera...then there isn't much you can do to FIX that.

I haven't looked at the photos.

Aug 15, 2013 at 07:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

abadass
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · wedding

i would offer a reshoot.

Aug 15, 2013 at 09:32 AM
eephoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · wedding

I might do it, but I would at least say "no problem, but I do have to charge a travel fee". Tell them you are excited to reshoot and go from there. Chances are they will agree, or if it's not that important they will say "you know something we are fine with things as they are". It's always tough, but sounds like going back to their apartment and a few extra unplanned stops on their part threw everything for a loop so they should be aware of that, and willing to pay some sort of compensation.

(On a side note, I think you have to many of the same type of photos blogged).

Elaine

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:47 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · wedding

I am not reading the email like they were disappointed in the photos. It sounds like they felt their time was cut short due to the weather and still had that last location they wanted to go to; which apparently has some personal meaning for them. For example, I read "I would really like more casual photos of us there..." as they just want more quantity, not that they want to look more casual in the photos.

I do agree with Kurtis that there were a lot of repeats with similar images, but I actually think this is one of your better sets (the rooftop ones were nice)

What would I do? I would accommodate, but make sure it is only that one location and that it will be less than an hour of your time. If you're working with them on their wedding then you want to set a good example that you will do a good job for them on their wedding day so this will only help - plus who knows with referrals, etc.

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:55 PM
Becktastic

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · wedding

I also agree with what the others have said.

I'm mostly commenting because I for some reason never realized you were from Rockford. I went to high school in Belvidere near there and haven't been back in forever. Made me nostalgic. Hello from a former Midwesterner turn Southerner.

Aug 15, 2013 at 02:01 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · wedding

After viewing I would say a re-shoot is required. I would not been happy with 95% of those images. More about buildings than the people. Lucky they felt different.

Aug 16, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · wedding

jefferies1 wrote:
After viewing I would say a re-shoot is required. I would not been happy with 95% of those images. More about buildings than the people. Lucky they felt different.

+1

Aug 18, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · wedding

Do the re-shoot for free and have fun with them. Spring for a bottle of champagne.

Referrals can make or break you.

Make this a happy couple and they will recommend you to all of their friends as they get engaged.

One soured couple will tell everyone they know.

You choose which way you want the geometric progression to flow.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password