Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

Gantoris
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

So I'm shooting a wedding this weekend at Drury Lane Theater in Oakbrook, IL this weekend.

Does anyone know of decent parks or locations around the Oakbrook area that might work well for a portrait session for the bridal party?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 14, 2013 at 06:43 PM
PatrickE
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/964554/0?keyword=graue,mill#9134206

Hope this helps.

Aug 14, 2013 at 07:13 PM
Gantoris
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

Thanks Patrick! Do you know if Graue Mill or Mays Lake are open to the public? Do you know if we need permits? Ever shoot at York Woods County Forest Perserve by chance?

Aug 15, 2013 at 01:47 AM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

I think you can shoot around Mays lake estate but you won't be able to go in the mansion unless if you pay. They also hold weddings there so you should call and make sure they aren't having one outside that would interfere with you wanting to shoot. Arboretum is close and I think the permit is around a hundred bucks.

Aug 15, 2013 at 08:40 AM
PatrickE
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

Gantoris wrote:
Thanks Patrick! Do you know if Graue Mill or Mays Lake are open to the public? Do you know if we need permits? Ever shoot at York Woods County Forest Perserve by chance?

The grounds of both are open to the public. However, I do not know if you need a permit. Probably be best to give them a call.

I have never been to York Woods. Graue Mill and Mays Lake are just down the road from York Woods and the Morton Arboretum is a little further west.

Pat

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Chicago Photographers HELP!

Just out of curiosity how many of you select the location for the formals? Personally I leave it up to the couple and if they don't specify a location I just do the formals in the best possible setting I can find at either the ceremony or reception venue.

Aug 15, 2013 at 05:31 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.