Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

AFC168
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

Hi all,

I was curious of your experiences as I have read conflicting stories ... are you allowed to use a tripod in and around Paris, such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Versailles and other places?

Thanks for any info ...

Aug 14, 2013 at 06:26 AM
Chris Tylko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

If I recall T's are a "non-non" in most of the areas you mention. Once you see the crowds trampling your T you'll understand. You simply can't block circulation and expect the hoards to walk around you! (see image below).

Having said that: I've stood in the middle of the Champs Elysee to take long exposure shots (with my wife watching my back)...I was careful not to block pedestrian or motor traffic and no one said boo, not even the cops.

Also, the lighting in some of these places is very often decent...like myself, you have a 5dMIII and I had no trouble with slightly higher ISO's shooting handheld between 1250 and 8000 used both the 24-70 2.8 II and the 16-35 2.8.

This site might help: http://www.paris-photo-tours.com/using-tripod-in-public-places.html

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens    70mm    f/5.6    1/160s    1250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:30 PM
AFC168
• •
p.1 #3 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

Thanks for the info ... just got back ... most of the big places such as the Louvre, Versaille, Musee DOrsay were no tripods allowed ...

Sep 06, 2013 at 04:00 AM
Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #4 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

My last look at the Musee D'Orsay website says that photography is not permitted. Pity as I will be going there in a couple of days. The reason given is the number of cameras being held at arms length blocking, (disturbing ?) the view of exhibits for other people. Sign of the times I guess. The last time I was in the Louvre, about 15 years ago, photography was permitted but no flash. Their site probably addresses photography.

Sep 06, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gordon l
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

photography at Louvre is allowed but no tripods. I was just there in June. Took lots of photos!

Sep 06, 2013 at 07:17 PM
lsquare
• • •
p.1 #6 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

AFC168 wrote:
Thanks for the info ... just got back ... most of the big places such as the Louvre, Versaille, Musee DOrsay were no tripods allowed ...

Actually I was able to use a tripod at Versailles. I didn't try to use it inside the palace as it was very busy, but I was able to use it outside. No one complained to me or tried to prevent me from using it.

Sep 07, 2013 at 08:48 AM
AFC168
• •
p.1 #7 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

There were no photography signs everywhere, but a lot of people were still taking photos ...

Lotuselite wrote:
My last look at the Musee D'Orsay website says that photography is not permitted. Pity as I will be going there in a couple of days. The reason given is the number of cameras being held at arms length blocking, (disturbing ?) the view of exhibits for other people. Sign of the times I guess. The last time I was in the Louvre, about 15 years ago, photography was permitted but no flash. Their site probably addresses photography.

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:10 AM
John S. Hudson
• •
p.1 #8 · Photographing Paris - Tripods allowed?

Outside and on the streets? Absolutely.

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:37 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password