Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon CPS service - I'm stunned.

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Canon CPS service - I'm stunned.

Roger,

Thanks for your advice on camera gear packing practices. I do worry about compression as I've been in an UPS facility when the containers start to unload. Not everyone at UPS does their job properly - though in all honesty I have to say most are superb. In the future I'll overpack along the lines you suggest, take pictures, and as always insure.

As for home owners covering the loss, perhaps they will, but speaking from direct personal experience with Travelers, when I filed for a loss of about $2500 (theft of tools from my truck) they very grumpily paid, but then attached a rider to my policy increasing my monthly fee by about 10%. It was called a "Loss recovery fee." I kid you not! I grew increasingly irate as I tried to work my way up the Travelers' bureaucracy contrary to my normal approach of never shooting the messenger. Would have shot the Traveler's droid who finally told me I was stuck with it and wouldn't refer me any further up the chain - this about 8 calls in. Obviously I'm an ex-customer and bad mouth them on every opportunity.

Moral? Insure with the carrier whether USPS or UPS or FedEx. Yeah, it's a kind of extortion, but when they have to cover loss themselves it seems to affect behavior. (I have no scientific proof of the prior statement.)

Robert

Aug 19, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Canon CPS service - I'm stunned.

That is a very good point. Every state is different but in many they have two strikes and you're out. Shipping damage on a lens. In less than three years you get some kitchen smoke damage and wake up the next day to find out no one will insure your home.
Best bet of all might be pay the $500 a year Platinum CPS and let Canon foot the shipping bill both ways.

Aug 19, 2013 at 05:09 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.