Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Prettym1k3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Craig Gillette wrote:
Cordell, I'm not overboard and it's not privacy, it's priorities. "You" want pictures to use for your advertising. I want my photographer to be thinking about our wedding, not his advertising. I want a pro who knows copyright does not give him permission to use my picture for his advertising. I want the pro to know that we are not his models but that he is our photographer. I want the photographer to respect that I have shelled out thousands of dollars on dresses, venues, catering, travel, formal attire, etc., etc., and not for him to use us as
...Show more

Incorrect line of thinking entirely.

If the photographer is, indeed, focused on his marketing/blogging/social media, then the likelihood is that he/she will rise above and beyond what it would normally take to get a good shot because he wants a great shot for marketing himself. I always want to make my clients happy, but when I show up to a venue that's beyond gorgeous, and I see a potentially insanely awesome lighting/posing situation, I get all giddy and can't wait to get the shot that I know I want.

On the other hand, I don't think I would do this, but I wouldn't be hard pressed to say that I would understand if someone was told that their images aren't to be shared, and the photographer decided to half-ass their work because "Who cares? No one is going to see these except the couple anyway."

Praise on wedding review sites/Yelp!, likes on blog posts with clients tagged in images - they are necessary for word of mouth marketing/viral marketing. It's invaluable to a business and industry like ours.

Aug 16, 2013 at 06:35 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Prettym1k3 wrote:
One missed blog post for a venue I've never photographed, and you're darn right that's potentially lost business for someone searching for a photographer who has shot at that particular venue.

I never really thought about it that way before.

Maybe I should start looking into this new "blogging" bandwagon that everyone and their mother seems to be hopping on these days?

Aug 16, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Not sure if serious...

...or serious.

Aug 16, 2013 at 09:16 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Prettym1k3 wrote:
Not sure if serious.

I haven't done much in the way of blogging. I haven't posted a new wedding in ......... maybe three years or so.

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

form
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Inku Yo wrote:
I either blog it or I don't blog it. I don't let the client decide which images can be blogged. If they have privacy concerns, I simply don't blog. Not a big deal.

I do this, except I consider what a client might NOT want people to see and then use my best judgment to avoid those photos when blogging.

Aug 18, 2013 at 03:03 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

form wrote:
I do this, except I consider what a client might NOT want people to see and then use my best judgment to avoid those photos when blogging.

Chances are pretty good that if a client doesn't want to see an image on a blog, they don't want to see it at all.

Unless they're the type to be paranoid or a privacy freak. In which case, I'd do my best to discover that before I had to deal with their psychological issues the week of the wedding, like just happened to someone on another forum I frequent.

Aug 18, 2013 at 04:52 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

^ some are actually just private when it comes to particular photos

Aug 18, 2013 at 06:12 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · have you ever been "blog-blocked" ?

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
Chances are pretty good that if a client doesn't want to see an image on a blog, they don't want to see it at all.

Boudoir.

What TTLKurtis said

Aug 19, 2013 at 01:33 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password