Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Elinchrom BX and Power Tracking with TT5/TT1?

stebesplace
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elinchrom BX and Power Tracking with TT5/TT1?

Going through my studio setup, and attempted last night to add some more "automation" to my setup, mostly because I've usually got two lights on booms where it's not easy to adjust power. I could invest into the RX remotes, but they seem a bit old school to me. Okay, it's just an extension of the panel, but still!

BTW, I am using the following lights. 1x300RX, 1x1200RX, 2x400BX. I've got a Mini TT1 on my 6D, and two FlexTT5's on each 400BX. I've got an ST4 on my 300RX, and my 1200 sits idle mostly.

So, the TT1 controls the PowerST4 perfectly fine (-3,0,+3) for power-tracking. But I can't seem to get the same results from my TT1 to my TT5's connected to my 400BX's. I'm assuming because they are connected via a SYNC cable, and nothing else, that it can only send a trigger response to fire the flash, and not actually control power output? I guess that's where I decide to just place those where I can easily adjust their output...

I need another PowerST4 for the 1200 so I can use that with remote control capabilities too. That light is a beast! I honestly don't use it much unless I need to over power the sun.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elinchrom BX and Power Tracking with TT5/TT1?

Yep, you need a PowerST4 on the flash in order to remotely control power with the TT5 or TT1. That means the 400BX won't work.

Aug 13, 2013 at 02:26 PM
stebesplace
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elinchrom BX and Power Tracking with TT5/TT1?

Sheldon N wrote:
Yep, you need a PowerST4 on the flash in order to remotely control power with the TT5 or TT1. That means the 400BX won't work.

That's what I figured. Guess I'll slowly phase these two out for some 300's or relegate them to background lighting. Thanks!

Aug 13, 2013 at 02:43 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.