New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

lsquare
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

What's the maximum number of exposures it can do in one set? I know that the self-timer doesn't work with AEB, but with a wire remote plugged in, is it as simple as just holding the shutter button and then it'll take the number of shots that I have specified in the menu?

Aug 13, 2013 at 05:08 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

If you set AE bracketing and high speed drive, yes, it'll just rattle off the full bracket list, which in the E-M5's case is as high as 7 exposures. If set to single shot, it'll do one exposure at a time. (If I recall correctly...I have my X-M1 with me today rather than my OM-D).

Aug 13, 2013 at 07:18 AM
lsquare
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

Jman13 wrote:
If you set AE bracketing and high speed drive, yes, it'll just rattle off the full bracket list, which in the E-M5's case is as high as 7 exposures. If set to single shot, it'll do one exposure at a time. (If I recall correctly...I have my X-M1 with me today rather than my OM-D).

I would have went with Fuji's X-series, but I hate how limiting their AEB feature is.

In regards to the E-M5, assuming the AEB and high speed drive is selected (all done through the menu right?), then I just hold the shutter on the wire remote right?

Aug 13, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

lsquare wrote:
I would have went with Fuji's X-series, but I hate how limiting their AEB feature is.

In regards to the E-M5, assuming the AEB and high speed drive is selected (all done through the menu right?), then I just hold the shutter on the wire remote right?

Yup...at least I think so....I've actually only used the AEB on the E-M5 handheld to be honest and that's how it works with the regular shutter button. I can't imagine it wouldn't be the same with the remote release. I'll check when I get home tonight, though.

Aug 13, 2013 at 08:57 AM
lsquare
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Olympus E-M5 Auto Exposure Bracketing Questions

Jman13 wrote:
Yup...at least I think so....I've actually only used the AEB on the E-M5 handheld to be honest and that's how it works with the regular shutter button. I can't imagine it wouldn't be the same with the remote release. I'll check when I get home tonight, though.

I just read that it's 7 exposures at 0.7EV interval?!

Aug 13, 2013 at 09:11 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.