Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

RKnecht
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

Here are a couple shots from a shoot I did the other evening. Both are composites using focus stacking.

Porsche. 7 layers stacked in CS6. Taken with the D4 and 200/2 at F2. Full frame.

Audi R8. 5 layers stacked in CS6. Taken with the D4, 70-200VR, and a CP @ 2.8.

Comments good or bad welcome. Thanks for looking.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

Nice images and very nice cars. I would like to see if it would improve if you'd light the cockpit of the Audi and maybe have the headlights on both? I think they are both just real similar in tonality across the image-especially the Audi and I think they would benefit with some differences in the frame.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Theographics
• •
p.1 #3 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

i'd like to see a liiiiiiiiiiiittle more detail in the grille of the porsche - the details are a bit underexposed and just fade together. maybe both could be a touch brighter, for that matter.

you did a nice job managing reflections though. nice and smooth!

Aug 12, 2013 at 05:30 PM
RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #4 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

Theographics wrote:
i'd like to see a liiiiiiiiiiiittle more detail in the grille of the porsche - the details are a bit underexposed and just fade together. maybe both could be a touch brighter, for that matter.

you did a nice job managing reflections though. nice and smooth!

Thanks. Funny you say this. I actually darkened them up when processing them. But the more I look at them, I think I went a little too far. Next time I won't go for the "Batman" look.

Aug 12, 2013 at 07:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

iranintoavan

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

JohnBrose wrote:
Nice images and very nice cars. I would like to see if it would improve if you'd light the cockpit of the Audi and maybe have the headlights on both? I think they are both just real similar in tonality across the image-especially the Audi and I think they would benefit with some differences in the frame.

I second the headlight suggestion, especially those sexy LED's on the R8!

Aug 20, 2013 at 02:38 AM
RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #6 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

iranintoavan wrote:
I second the headlight suggestion, especially those sexy LED's on the R8!

Looking back, I really wish those LEDs were on. I tried recreating them in PS, but it just doesn't look right.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Justan
• •
p.1 #7 · Audi R8 & Porsche 911

Great compositions but the grill area of both cars is a little too dark, imo. Some vehicle lights are often used in this kind of composition and as a result that is something that is often over used.

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:54 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password