New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fancy Gerbera

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fancy Gerbera

Hi, everyone!

Wow! I never get to posting things here much anymore. I'm too busy with other things and I've largely run out of new flowers to shoot , so I'm not doing as many of those. Nevertheless, someone brought some flowers over the other day and the fancy gerberas caught my eye. So, here is one of them. I hope you like it.

By the way - my annual chamber music concert broadcast from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art - Bing Theater - is coming up again this year on September 1st at 6 PM Los Angeles time. If you are around LA, please come - it's free, although the theater always is packed so it is good to get there early. For everyone else, you can hear it broadcast live over the net at http://www.sundayslive.org (You'll have to figure out you equivalent local time zone.) If you can't listen to it then, it will be available as an on demand podcast for a whole week by going to that same site and clicking on the link to the KUSC podcast site. We're playing the "Three Madrigals" for violin and viola by Martinu and then the gloriously beautiful G Minor Piano Quartet by Brahms. It's a great way to start you Labor Day holiday!

All best wishes,

Endre

Edited on Aug 12, 2013 at 07:03 PM · View previous versions

Aug 11, 2013 at 05:49 PM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fancy Gerbera

Endre,
So nice to see your work again. As always a wonderful image with excellent lighting, detail and processing!

Aug 11, 2013 at 09:15 PM
platscha
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fancy Gerbera

Wow, what a pleasant surprise to have you post here again, the gerber is lovely, you always get the very best captures.
Guess I will have to start sending you bouquets to get photos here again. Seems to me you could still find time for a post here besides your wonderful other works. I mean how much do I need to beg. Hope to make your concert again this year

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Dougo
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fancy Gerbera

Another beautiful image Endre, nice to see you posting again

Cheers Ray

Aug 12, 2013 at 01:21 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fancy Gerbera

Great capture Andre, I dare say though, that Greg Fountain is catching up to you!
Douglas

Aug 12, 2013 at 03:12 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fancy Gerbera

So good to see you back Endre! This is a lovely sample for sure, with your usual excellence! Thanks for dropping by pal!

Greg

Aug 12, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fancy Gerbera

Another exquisite image Andre, welcome back!

Bob

Aug 12, 2013 at 06:39 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fancy Gerbera

Wonderful and something I can aspire to emulate!
Eric

Aug 12, 2013 at 09:32 PM
James McQueen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fancy Gerbera

Nice to hear from you again. Excellent image as usual.

- Jim

Aug 12, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks so much, Klaus, my dear friend! It's wonderful to hear from you. As always, i'm delighted that you like one of my shots!

How are you doing?

Fond regards,

Endre

Klaus Priebe wrote:
Endre,
So nice to see your work again. As always a wonderful image with excellent lighting, detail and processing!

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks, Patsy, my dear friend! It's great to hear from you. Needless to say, I'm happy that you like another of my shots. Yes, you may have to help supply new flowers if you want me to make new shots. I don't want to keep doing the same flowers over and over so I need to find a way to get flowers that are more unusual. I've exhausted all the local flower stores and everything from my back yard.

It'll be great to get to see you at my concert if you can make it. It should be a terrific show.

Warm regards,

Endre

platscha wrote:
Wow, what a pleasant surprise to have you post here again, the gerber is lovely, you always get the very best captures.
Guess I will have to start sending you bouquets to get photos here again. Seems to me you could still find time for a post here besides your wonderful other works. I mean how much do I need to beg. Hope to make your concert again this year

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks, Ray. It is always great to have something to post and I'm really happy that you like this.

All best wishes,

Endre

Dougo wrote:
Another beautiful image Endre, nice to see you posting again

Cheers Ray

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks, Douglas. I'm glad you like it! I was able to give Greg a lot of tips so if the teacher gets surpassed by the student, that is all to the good. Besides he has his own style that is emerging so I'm pleased about that, too.

All the best,

Endre

douter wrote:
Great capture Andre, I dare say though, that Greg Fountain is catching up to you!
Douglas

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fancy Gerbera

Hi, Greg! Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate hearing from you. I see lots of beautiful flower shots you've done recently. Great work, to be sure!

All best wishes,

Endre

gregfountain wrote:
So good to see you back Endre! This is a lovely sample for sure, with your usual excellence! Thanks for dropping by pal!

Greg

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fancy Gerbera

Thank you, Bob! I appreciate the warm welcome and am so glad you like the photo.

All the best,

Endre

Bob Jarman wrote:
Another exquisite image Andre, welcome back!

Bob

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks, Eric! I feel honored that you like the photo so much.

All the best,

Endre

eyelaser wrote:
Wonderful and something I can aspire to emulate!
Eric

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fancy Gerbera

Thanks, Jim. I'm so glad you like the photo. I pop in every now and then when I have something worth sharing.

All best wishes,

Endre

James McQueen wrote:
Nice to hear from you again. Excellent image as usual.

- Jim

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.